the pickups in mine are pretty much the worst ever, so i want to change them, what would be best to get a metal/ hardcore sound out of it. thanks alot in advance!
i put a seymour duncan JB at the bridge on mine, and i havent decided what to put in the neck yet.

but the JB is brilliant
go for EMG's
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
DiMarzio X2Ns
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
ive played a gibson explorer with EMGs before and i didnt like it too much. maybe it was the type of them. i was playing out of my friends crate amp so that probly contributed to its suckyness. so maybe ill try them out on a decent amp
*sigh*

take it to GGnA

only if you have a good (valve) amp. new pups wont make difference otherwise
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

only if you have a good (valve) amp. new pups wont make difference otherwise

Absolute rubbish. A valve amp isn't necessary for a good tone you know, there are very good solid states in production. Also, the pickups change the signal from the guitar to the amp so the sound will of course be different. I'll admit that a new amp would make more of a difference than new pickups, but what you said is absurd.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
for metal i would say emg's, i don't know what type of sg you have but i think the '57 Classic and '57 Classic Plus is a nice combo for any sound. but if you're looking for metal definitely emg's. mite be different than the ones tat you tried but if you relly don't like emg's i agree with the other for s. duncans.
P-90s
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
EMG's
or Blackouts
active pup's are best for what you play
my buddy has an Sg with EMg's and he gets good tones for that kind of music
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
Quote by Kankuro
I hate the EMG tone.

I don't necessarily agree, but I find that EMGs can only give you so many tones, all revolving around the 'EMG' tone. I know many people disagree, but there are pickups that can do the same and more than EMGs.
Quote by QuebecMetal
DiMarzio X2Ns

Great passive pups!
Bare knuckles rock.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
EMGs FTW! I love mine. Its an acquired taste, but countless metalheads swear by them.

PRS Dragon series pickups are good too. I have them in my PRS and my Strat and they are great for everything from mellow rock to metal and I can get some sweet Opeth tones with them.

Bill Lawrence L-500L & XL are work looking into as well, especially if you are a treble *****.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately