Not sure if this would go under any of the forums, but the band I'm in has a situation. Our rhythm guitarist (added a couple months ago, not my idea) is not working out for us. His guitar sounds extremely bad, he gets off time, and isn't contributing in a good way. We haven't practiced in over a month, compared to every week, so we wanna give him one last chance to see if he's improved next time we have a band practice. The problem is that he's a really good friend to all of us, and we want to make sure he knows that it's nothing personal or anything, just that he isn't good for our sound. Any advice?
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Remember kids, solid state half stack=penis extension.

Quote by PatchworkMan
I have no idea when the world is going to end, and anyone who says he does is a cook.

Quote by smb
Those chefs can't be trusted.

"We're like...'Riding a dragon over fields of lava' epic!"
I guess there's no choice. You're going to have to kill him.
Gibson SG Special Faded

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amp

Squier Acoustic starter pack
I let my member go sometimes, ifyouknowwhatimean

Boot him.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i thought this was in response to the "fingers or penis" thread.

let him go if the band agrees.
just tell him the truth. thats all you can say.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
yeah i guess you should boot him
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
depends, i'd only kick someone if they were worthless to me, if it's a friendship band, just support each other.

if you really wanna get serious about being in a band, form another side project.
im in the same situation.... does anyone have any serious advice?

We've told him "Look, your cool, but we need someone who can commit". However, every time he just says, "ok ok, i'll learn the stuff".... but it never happens... This has been going on for a month.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
If it's a good friendship, they'll understand. Just tell him he's got a chance to come back if he get's better. Then don't take him back.