So I changed the strings on my guitar a week ago with D'addarios .10-.46. The very next day the low E string begins to sound very dull and now all the strings sound like they've been on for months. I've been playing D'addarios for a while and this has never been a problem, so did I just get a dud set or is their factory having problems?
i never really did like them to begin with...it seemed every set i got beginned to sound terrible after a week of light playing so i switched to ernie balls and never looked back
I think their having problems. I've had to change strings on my acoustic 3 times in the last month (all di addarios) It might be a problem with the nut for my high E string, but they shouldnt be breaking like that, or going dead like you said yours did.
I had the same problem recently with Daddario's. I bought a limited edition tin box of Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys and have been really impressed with tone and durability so far.
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
D'Addario has never been my first choice at all. I stick to Ernie Ball Stainless Steel slinkies because they sound brighter for a longer period of time. They won't be as bright as a fresh set of nickel strings, but they still have a nice steel tone to them.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
go with DR or Ernie Ball for strings
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
It seems like they are having some kind of problem then. I might change string brands for a while then but definitely not to Ernie Ball, I used those before the D'addarios.
E-mail D'addario about it and ask. I had this problem with one set of strings and they sent me a free package.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB