So I'm trying to decide which shawn lane album to buy and I figured that some of the people here who are much more familiar with his work could probably help a bit. I'm choosing from Powers Of Ten;Live!, The Tri-Tone Fascination, Good People in times of evil, personae, icon, temporal analogues of paradise, abstract logic, and zenhouse. Which one do you guy's suggest?
Powers Of Ten is essential Lane, but a close second is The Tri-Tone Fascination (it does 'rock' a lot more). Those are the only 2 studio albums he released, along with Powers Of Ten: Live! Trouble is, there's damn near impossible to find unless you go on eBay and pay obscene amounts of cash (I had to part with £21 to get Powers from Amazon).

I've only heard 2 of his works with Jonas Hellborg – Time Is The Enemy and Personae. Both are excellent (live) fusion albums, but I much prefer the former because it has a better rendition of the actual song, Time Is The Enemy. The latter kinda drags on a bit sometimes, and sounds a bit tinny.
Actually, they are generally quite easy to find :-D All of the albums I listed happen to be on itunes for $9.99 or $8.91, which is somewhere around what, £5?
They don't have the studio version of powers of ten, but I think i'll probably get the live version. Then I'll get The Tri-Tone Fascination in about a month (I try to limit myself to about one album a month). Thanks for the advice.
Oh right... iTunes. I meant the physical CDs themselves. One day I will own an original first pressing of Tri-Tone. I'll steal one from somebody if need be!
I could give you a link to download the original powers of ten album.

I have no qualms about downloading CDs that aren't in print anymore because when buying used, no money is going to the artist themselves (or their estate as it may be).

let me know if you want it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Sure, a link would be cool if they're good quality. The songs I have are really crappy 128Kbit ones from LimeWire, and have pops and clicks all over the place (why people put out rips like that onto p2p is beyond me...)

As for what I said earlier, I'm basically a CD nut. I have this thing about owning an original album, and then ripping from that just how I like it (tweaked EAC and LAME settings, etc.) and preserving the disc pristinely. Merely burning a CD-R from MP3s just doesn't do it for me anymore – I can't consider it part of my 332-strong collection.

Besides, I don't trust recordable mediums anymore. All the CD-Rs I burnt back in '01-'03 have disc-rotted to utter uselessness... and they were Philips branded!
its 192kbps but it doesn't have any pops. It's probably not going to satisfy audiophiles but for people who want to hear the studio version rather than the live one, it should suffice.

It's a .rar so it's the whole album as one download and you have to use winrar to extract the files.

www.badongo.com/file/7059820

Password = mistical12x

if a mod doesn't want this on here, just let me know and I'll delete it, but as I said before, it's out of print and so the copyright holders lose no revenue.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I tried downloading the file at work, but it kept saying something about "Wait 35 seconds" endlessly. I'll have to try it later at home, but it'll take ages because of dial-up.

Quote by TheShred201
By the way Dafjory, seeing as its your favorite Rusty Cooley song, have you seen the new tab for Dominion on UG?

I only use Power Tab.
Ouch. Maybe someday someone will convert it for you. Powers Of Ten Live! is pretty sweet. Time to go work on learning Gray Pianos Flying.....one of 3 songs I'll be working on, along with dominion by RC and something by Necrophagist (probably Only Ash Remains...)
Quote by Lemoninfluence
its 192kbps but it doesn't have any pops. It's probably not going to satisfy audiophiles but for people who want to hear the studio version rather than the live one, it should suffice.

It's a .rar so it's the whole album as one download and you have to use winrar to extract the files.

www.badongo.com/file/7059820

Password = mistical12x

if a mod doesn't want this on here, just let me know and I'll delete it, but as I said before, it's out of print and so the copyright holders lose no revenue.

thanks for that. my powers of ten was some really crappy quality torrent that cut off the end of a few songs.
Ahh, wait a minute... I have the original Powers Of Ten on CD (or, the one with bonus tracks anyway). It's The Tri-Tone Fascination I would've needed.

Sorry aboot thut. I was reading everything so quickly at work.