I'm sick of the noise associated with distortion pedals. i know a gate wont help me, so does anyone have a schem to the 'noise suppressor' made by boss i believe?

or will the MXR-10 work well, i believe its called a 'smart gate'

also, im sick of the noise associated with power, for example line noise in my house, although that can't be fixed...but as of right now im using a 9v adapter from the shack that makes noise so much worse. can any of you reccomend adapters or shems that can help me out here? i like the sound of crystal clear distortion.

btw, my amp currently sucks, i may be upgrading to a 15w epiphone valve standard if i like the sound, hope it isnt too vintage-like. im looking for anything from dirty cleans to crunchy, to metal. punk/pop sounding distortion.

but anything to help me out here?

EDIT: if i build this, can i get better power?

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Xaviers-shrine-of-noise/Layouts/9V_filter.gif.html

and where the hell can i get that diode..
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Buy a noise suppressor and try it out, if it doesnt work, return it. That's what I did.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
i suppose it didnt do much for you then..hmm...we'll see. just trying to cut around the like, 100 USD asking price. thank you sir.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
true true...i am a big fan of used products. but has anyone HAD experience with them, does it cut out that god awful distortion hiss? and yes, the pedals i have built are all grounded correctly.
Quote by Invader Jim
I have had the exact same problem you have. It all comes down to "dirty power."

To test, I ran my pedals on non-conditioned power, conditioned power, and batteries. The Non-conditioned power had a lot of noise with it... there was no way for me to get rid of it... not even a gate would help.

Conditioned power and batteries had the same result however. It solved the noise problem 100%. Some pedals ask that you have the manufactured power supply for the pedal as well... that will help too if you can't get conditioned power.
okay, i changed plans here. no more distortion pedals. no more batteries. things of that nature. i am posting this for who ever uses the search bar in the future.

GET A TUBE AMP.

i just scord a Fender Roc Pro 700 for 150 used USD. it's a hybrid between SS (cleans) and Tube (tube drive channel)

and the tube drive is all i could ask for, its amazing.

just go for tubes. perfect distortion
Quote by Invader Jim
yeah, the thing is tho saint jimmy..... your amp isnt a tube amp, its a hybrid. It has a 12ax7 tube in the preamp, but that doesnt make it a tube amp. Tube amps have valves in the power stage of the amp.

im not being a gear snob, im just letting you know this cos if you go round saying "GET A TUBE AMP LIKE MINE" to people, youll wind up looking a bit silly.

peace
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.