Okay, i'm a learning guitarist, and right now i have only a New York Pro. I play hard rock and metal. But when i play on strings G, B, and High E, i can't hear my hammer-ons and pull-offs. It really f**ks up soloing. My guitar doesn't have humbuckers so i assume that's my main problem, but am i screwing it up with my distortion too? I use a Digitech RP250 pedal and a Dinosaur DX-40R amp. I have my distortion on the amp turned off due to the godawful feedback. I realized that when i turned the distortion on the amp on, it fixed the problem, but the feedback makes me want to shave my balls with a rusty knife. I know i simply need better gear, but i'm open to any suggestion out there.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Use amp distortion and just play farther away from the amp. Playing in close proximity produces the hum.
focus on your technique, make sure you're really pulling off, not just lifting fingers, and hammering on, not just putting fingers on.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
what guitar do u has?
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
First step is to turn the RP off. Second is to turn the amp distortion on.

Sorry dude, Digitech hasn't exactly perfected their amp modeling. If your amp has an effects loop, put it in there for modulation and delay. It will serve you much better.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
erm well for starters using distortion will be an instant help but really you should still be able to hear them when clean.

hmm.. maybe your not hammering hard enough when you hammer on?
and maybe not flicking the string as you pull off?

i dunno are you?
I say dont use any distortion, or anything like that. If you can do a high gain clean it will be good. Once you got the strength and technique add the distortion and work on the accuracy, where you wont want to hit the wrong strings, nor even touch them.
You cant hear them, or are they just too sloppy?
Another thing is...the RP distortions are horrible. - nyandres

I cant hear them at all.

Damn, i really like the Digitech, but i guess it's not as good as i thought. I'll try without it.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Wait, can you hear the hammer-ons and pull-offs while unplugged?
D:
Signature.
Oh, yea i hear them fine while unplugged.