what would be the better choice here?

Randall Valve Dynamic G3 Series RH150G3

Peavey ValveKing 100 Head

BUGERA 6260/bugera6262?

My budget is around 550 for the head. But what do you guys think?
I play cannible corpse,arch emeny, nevermore,aborted and dethmetal like that.
thanks in advanced

mike
I would go with the bugera. I have heard that they are really nice.
but what one the 6260 or the 6262 i dont know the difference just looks like more knobs
Bump again and get a warning.

*Moved*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
i have heard there were pretty good for the price but how does it compare with the randall or the peavy
thats the problem i want to but i want some money left over to make a 2x12 cab
You can buy a 2x12 5150 for 550 dollars.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
yeah but i really dont like a combo i would rather haul the head and the cab around.
also do you guys think the 6260 will get me the chris brodorick and jeff loomis sounds?
Quote by mike20mrb
yeah but i really dont like a combo i would rather haul the head and the cab around.
also do you guys think the 6260 will get me the chris brodorick and jeff loomis sounds?

Do you play lead or rhythm. Lead go for the Valveking, rhythm go for the bugera.
well in the band i play in we me and the other guitarist swicth on and off on leds and rythms so what would be the better for both
Quote by mike20mrb
well in the band i play in we me and the other guitarist swicth on and off on leds and rythms so what would be the better for both

I'd say valveking. I don't know how well it would do deathmetal rhythm though.
Quote by mike20mrb
well if its not tight enough can a tubescearmer tighen it up

The bugera has a tighter rhythm sound but it's also harsher sounding than the valveking. The Valveking would be about the same price with a tube/speaker change. You really have to try both out, they're completely different sounding amps.
Quote by mike20mrb
k how dose the randall compare to the others any good or just bad

The randall is a good amp, the other beat it though.
i have played with the 333 and liked it but sam ash didnt have the 6260 and i heard they were a lttle more metal like
Quote by mike20mrb
i have played with the 333 and liked it but sam ash didnt have the 6260 and i heard they were a lttle more metal like

No, if anything the 333XL can do metal better, plus it's supposed to be a better build quality then the 6260/62.
The Randall is a great amp, it has great distortion and even a really nice clean. Don't listen to all the SS amp bashing, it's all from people who are basing all SS amps on the MG and Spider amps and small SS practise amps. Randall have built their name on making some of the best SS amps out there, and they are perfect for metal. There are countless metal bands that use randall amps, and for your style of music i would definately say at least try it. It is more than loud enough and tight as.

I have played the Bugera 333XL and it wasnt bad but it wont do metal anywhere near as good as the Randall without the help from pedals. The 6260 might be a different story though, but i wouldn't buy it myself, really cheap components and from a cheap company.

I havent played the Valveking but i know from everything ive read it will not do metal stock.
well i havent yet to play that randall i have play one of the hybrids with the tube overdrive channel and liked it. but is a 150 watts of ss loud for gigs with some head room or not
^Yes, the Randall is more than loud enough for gigs, assuming you are playing pubs your drummer won't be bashing them like mad so it wont have to go over half volume. But most pubs and all live music venues have pa's that you can mike up to so you could gig with the smallest amp and be heard.. And tube amps will sound a bit louder due to tube amps producing more harmonics so they sound louder to the ear.

Just make sure you try them all first (and other amps, don't limit yourself to just those 3), you will be able to hear what sounds best to your ears. Don't let others talk you into a sub par cheap valve amp just because it has tubes in it, you might think a good SS amp sounds twice as good, not to mention the many reliability problems with cheaper tube amps.
Last edited by DeadMansCurve at May 26, 2008,
yeah i played the randall today and loved it nice n chunky but sam ash didnt have a valvking head or the 6260 so i am goin to guitar center this week to try them out
^Cool. Make sure you try out all the amps around the power and price you want though, don't limit your choices.