ok i am out of shape and a little over weight and i wanna change that. i just got a new mountain bike for my birthday and i got 15 lb dumbells. using those and basic stuff like push ups and sit ups can someone make me out a routine or list of exercises that can help me gain strenght and lose weight. can u also tell how much and how long i should do everything
to loose the weight, run, and bike, alot

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
change it up too... like bike alot for maybe 1 to 2 weeks, then like lift, situps and pushups another 2 weeks, etc
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
When I was younger, I was pretty obese. I'm in pretty darn good shape now through a simple matter of relatively healthy eating, exercise, and CONSISTENCY. I don't really know what to recommend as far as gaining strength (do you mean muscle mass?).

All that I really do is push ups, sit ups (don't give yourself a set amount; do them until you can't),and I almost always go for at least a 5k run before bed at night.

I'm not really sure what's more important to you... but as far as weight loss is concerned, you should really do the whole biking/running more than lifting weights. Just do your best. I wish you success.
Global warming at my homework, sir.
Try doing at least 25 push ups and like 50-60 sit ups a day. If you can't consistently do it, adjust the numbers and work your way up.

Running is definitly good for losing weight. I dunno a good distance, maybe a mile a day to start out.

And then with the dumbells you could do curls, shrugs, and chest flies to build some upper body strength.

EDIT: yea he (guy above me) might be right about not setting a limit for push ups/sit ups. And I forgot about the bike, definitly get on that thing.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at May 22, 2008,
i ordered p90x last week....im hopng that will help me get into awesome shape
Bike or run for about an hour a day, and lift at 10x3 reps or more a day. You'll wanna buy more weights as time goes on.
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Remember kids, solid state half stack=penis extension.

Quote by PatchworkMan
I have no idea when the world is going to end, and anyone who says he does is a cook.

Quote by smb
Those chefs can't be trusted.

"We're like...'Riding a dragon over fields of lava' epic!"
go to the gym and do cardio.
A LOT OF CARDIO.
I don't even shred
Throw up after you eat. Do cocaine.

Isn't there already a thread for this?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
don't do sit ups till you can't, your not doing anything but building endurance. if you want to gain mass and get bigger, do weighted sit ups and do maybe 3 or 4 reps of maybe 25.

as for losing weight, cardio, cardio, cardio. run till you can't anymore, and eat healthy
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
ok is there like certain days i should do one thing then the next do another. i dont know if you know what im talking about