Hey i have a 150 watt line six spider 3 combo..i was foolish and bought the combo instead of the head as i didnt feel like shelling out for a whole cabinet just to be able to play at home as well as gigs.

I love it but it is a complete beast and is slowly killing me. I have bought two different trolleys for transporting it to venues and such, both of which could not take it and broke. Bearing in mind one was a ****ing expensive industrial strength one this came as a bit of a suprise. I have since been making do with carrying it around with help of other band mates but it really is not a good solution, i find when i get to wherever we are to play at i have to warm up for around an hour and a half for my fingers to recover.

So is there anyone else out there with a similar beast that has managed to come up with a solution for this please? I am considering sticking a skate board to the bottom of it.

I am not buying a van...

Thanks dudes, shred on!
casters, add handles, and lift weights.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
umm, don't whine and pick it up? I carry around a 1960 cab and a head by myself and I don't have to warm up for an hour and a half

that's just not normal
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by ChrissyChiChi
I have bought two different trolleys for transporting it to venues and such, both of which could not take it and broke. Bearing in mind one was a ****ing expensive industrial strength one this came as a bit of a suprise...
...I am considering sticking a skate board to the bottom of it.

if that industrial strength trolly broke, how do you even expect a skateboard to hold up, i mean... come on!

and to your original question, like that dude said, lift some weights, and quit B!tchin
O O

___
How ****ing heavy is that piece of ****? Did you take the **** bricks out of it, or are they still in there?

A 4x12 is gonna be just as heavy, I got news for ya'. Grow a spine and pick'er up!
It can't be any heavier than my 2x12 Marshall, so there is no way it broke an industrial strength dolly.
Well it did..and yeah im not a beefy guy and am making do with carrying it at the moment but the stuff we play is pretty technical with alot of harmonies so if the playing is not99% perfect the whole deal is ruined.
By break i dont mean like it snapped the bars, but one of them bent and the wheels would just cave in every few meters so no point. I figured a skateboard might manage because the weight would be more spread out. Thanks anyway. Shred on.
Chris
Hmm not sure exactly how much it weighs, its 150 watts so? If i got a head i would not need to carry the cabinet hopefully, most decent venues provide them. The main thing is that yes i can carry it to places but when i get there its extremely difficult to play guitar, or complex guitar at any rate, it takes alot of warming up which is obviously a good thing to do before a gig anyway but the level of it required is just ridiculous.
Last edited by ChrissyChiChi at Oct 5, 2009,