I need some help with the ISP Decimator Pedal. Here's my deal: when I'm playing, I do a lot of palm muting (when i sustain my palm mutes...ie breakdowns) and pinch harmonics, but the decimator cuts them off. If i turn down the db range, then the feedback come back. I use a ESP guitar with EMG 81/85 pickups, a Peavey 5150 and a Marshall 1960 vintage 4x12 cabinet. I play hardcore/metal with lots of overdrive. Any help on how to fix the pedal from cutting off my harmonics and palm mute sustains would be nice. Thanks!
Are you running it in the Effects Loop? Is the Effects Loop Series?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
New pedal.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
You have to fine tune it.. Took me a few minutes but its easy to do. Just turn the dial really slow until the point the feedback barley goes away and then hit a sustained note and let it ring out. Then make micro adjustments from there. So your not killing your note but killing the feedback.

Also try it in the effects loop and infront of the amp see which one you like better. The pedal handles things differently when placed in either location.
no. I typically have it set up in front of the amp and run it directly into the input of my amp head. so in the signal chain it goes amp head<pedal<guitar. I don't know how to tell if it is the effects loop series or not. any help?
This happens to me alot with my ISP too. Usually when this happens it's time for a new battery as it uses about one every 2 weeks or so, and another time it happened to me I just replaced my tubes and biased it really hot and it fixed the problem.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by xhardcorexkidx
no. I typically have it set up in front of the amp and run it directly into the input of my amp head. so in the signal chain it goes amp head<pedal<guitar. I don't know how to tell if it is the effects loop series or not. any help?

You can install it two ways, in the signal path like you have it now or in the amps effects loop. See if you amp says SEND and Rrturn on it and thats you effects loop.
yeah my amp has and effects loop. i never thought about running through the effects loop. i'll have to try it. could it possibly make that much of a difference? I'll give it a shot. thanks!
^^ it can make a huge difference
it can get rid of the noise the preamp tubes make.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xhardcorexkidx
yeah my amp has and effects loop. i never thought about running through the effects loop. i'll have to try it. could it possibly make that much of a difference? I'll give it a shot. thanks!

It actually changes things up alot.. Some like it some hate it but it is worth it... So give it a shot..
is it common for an amp to lose significant volume when the effects loop is on, because mine does?
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
is it common for an amp to lose significant volume when the effects loop is on, because mine does?

Only thing i can see is if you are putting something in its path and you havent adjusted the level to meet the level of your output. Example Delay pedal with the level at like 3 but your volume on your amp is at like 5. Your pedal is lowering the line levels volume and you need to adjust them accordingly.
i don't think its that because even when i just connect a cable from send to return, with nothing on the line, it still does it.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Ok.
The way to tell if your FX loop is series or parallel is to plug a cable into the send and another into return (don't connect the pedal). If it doesn't make any sound it is series. It it does then it is parallel. Some amps have a blend knob, that can make the FX loop series.

It is important for it to be series and in the loop, because the whole signal should travel through the pedal for optimum reduction.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.