hi folks...a gear noobie here....had some questions for this forum

first off is one i know will turn some heads but....
whats the difference (if any) between a tube screamer/overdrive/fuzz/muff pedal

and i just bought a boss pedal, an lm2....and it says to only use a boss amc(or something, to lazy to go back downstairs n check) to plug it in, theres no spot to put batterys in and i forgot to buy one when i was at the store and i have a show tommorow....so i was wondering...is the only use boss amc thing just them trying to jew more cash out of me or will it actually only work with the boss thingy
Fuzz is a type of distortion. Overdrive causes the natural breakup of a tube amp, pushing it into OD.

Not quite sure what your asking on the second question.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
you have a show tomorrow... and you don't know these things?

lying isn't going to get anything answered faster.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Cannibalkyle16
hi folks...a gear noobie here....had some questions for this forum

first off is one i know will turn some heads but....
whats the difference (if any) between a tube screamer/overdrive/fuzz/muff pedal

and i just bought a boss pedal, an lm2....and it says to only use a boss amc(or something, to lazy to go back downstairs n check) to plug it in, theres no spot to put batterys in and i forgot to buy one when i was at the store and i have a show tommorow....so i was wondering...is the only use boss amc thing just them trying to jew more cash out of me or will it actually only work with the boss thingy

Hi !

About the your pedal: First off, I guess you mean the ML 2-Metal Core, right? If that's the case, there should already be a battery inside (See the little knob just below, the "BOSS" logo when you look at the pedal from above? Turn it... when loose enough the pedal will pop up like a car trunck... there should be a Roland battery if the pedal is new)...

But any 9v DC block should do the job (watch under the pedal... the voltage should be written on silver sticker)...

Good luck!!!