Which shipping option do you think is safer for an online-bought guitar:

UPS ground
or fed-ex second day?

I'd pay more for second day if I thought it'd get my guitar to me with lesser chance of shipping damage.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
i know that ups is rough on packages, but it's not like fed ex doesnt toss the stuff out of the truck either.

just go for the free shipping and return it if there's a problem.

that's what i do.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by StealingSociety
im gay

WTF!?!?

but anyways go with the cheapest option, if its dammaged when you get it return it to the company or file a claim with UPS
I think you run the risk of damage either way, i recently bought a new guitar and it came with a few scratches, but i wasn't going to mess with the hassle of sending it back. you have to look really hard to see them, not that big of a deal to me.
Quote by StealingSociety
im gay

+1

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Screw it, I went with second day. I just want it :-). if there's a prob I can send it back. I bought it with a case too

I gotta know what to look for though. I'm not an expert with electronics so I hope I can tell if somethings not right.

OhioSlashFan, I live in ohio too. What part?

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
(Invalid img)

haha jk

Agile AL-3100 CSB (wanted the bound one with bindings in the back but they stopped selling it, so i'll settle for this one instead )

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Ogod Ohio....

I usually prefer that my equipment get UPS'd. My UPS guy is much better than anyone at FedHex.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
The company I work for ships FedEx and since I assist the receiving department now and then... I see a lot of issues... Then again, there's also TONs of volume in regards to what's being shipped/received.

I use UPS personally. Haven't had many problems, if any at all, but that's just my experience.

One would THINK that if you opted for a more expensive form of shipping (say next day as opposed to ground/regular) that they would HAVE to pay more attention to the package.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I've seen Epi's among other's that have scratches at GC, i bought a Epi. Les Paul Ultra and got 30 dollars taken off for scratches that were on the guitar, same place as the new one that was shipped directly to me. Might be an Epi. thing?
Cool, I'm living in athens right now going to OU

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
wtf. it says the estimated delivery date is wednesday! and I went with 2 day shipping. I hope thats wrong or I'll be pissed

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Omg my amp got here first and it was free fed ex ground shipping. Thats ridiculous. There hasn't even been an update on the guitar's tracking page.

I'd plug my acoustic into the amp but it won't be as cool.

Edit: okay so I got an update. the 2 day shipping bought me A LONGER WAIT TIME. The lady said they don't 2 day ship over the weekend, and the holiday pushes it all the way back until wednesday. If I had went with cheaper ground shipping, it would have been here by now and not sitting in a hangar somewhere after being sent through the air unnecessarily.

**** fed-ex

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Last edited by mlfarrell at May 24, 2008,
ground. everything is safe. think about it. they drop it. you think when guitars get shipped to stores people dont drop the guitars? hell yes they do. theyre packed well enought to withstand those kinds of things dontworry. i had my guitar unprofessionally packaged and i got it fine.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack