Hey dudes.
I wanna put a custom graphic on the back trem cover of my strat, and I was wondering what the best way to do this is?
I was thinking go to a graphic shop and get one of those peel-off vinyl things.. but I dunno how well that would work.

Yes, that duck is going on there, it's a joke I've got with a bunch of my guitar friends, don't ask
Personally, I would sand the guitar clear coat off and paint it directly on. (that is if you like the graphic a heck of a lot). Then re-finish the guitar. But that is just me.
Quote by Allen2288
Personally, I would sand the guitar clear coat off and paint it directly on. (that is if you like the graphic a heck of a lot). Then re-finish the guitar. But that is just me.

It's for the plastic cover of the trem lol.. I wasn't aware they put finishes on that
Oh nice... I should have read better, lol. Been having that problem lately.

Vinyl would probably be the best way to go then. Don't think there are any other options for something like that.
stencil'er in tape, then use Krylon Fusion (bonds to plastic!) in the desired colours (blue, yellow)

then clear, if you REALLY wanna

but you don' hafta.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
stencil'er in tape, then use Krylon Fusion (bonds to plastic!) in the desired colours (blue, yellow)

then clear, if you REALLY wanna

but you don' hafta.

Is that a spray? It seems a little detailed to be doing with spray, no?
well, that depends on how detailed you can get with an exacto knife, or other precise cutting utencil!

------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
well, that depends on how detailed you can get with an exacto knife, or other precise cutting utencil!

Maybe I should practice a bit (or a lot?) on a piece of cardboard or something to make sure it turns out okay first
do a double-layer of painter's tape on something like a mousepad, or other softer surface that you can cut on, then trace your design on somehow (carbon copy technique?), then practice that way?

it's a lot of work, but these things don't come for free yah knowww!
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
do a double-layer of painter's tape on something like a mousepad, or other softer surface that you can cut on, then trace your design on somehow (carbon copy technique?), then practice that way?

it's a lot of work, but these things don't come for free yah knowww!

Yeah, I know!
Thanks for the advice dude