http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-Series-FW120HS-120W-HalfStack?sku=481416

what do you think? i'm looking for a good half-stack, something that can handle small gigs, but not looking to spend more than about $650. i play metal and death metal.
CURRENT GEAR:

Jackson RR24 Randy Rhoads w/EMG's
Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
Marshall MG10CD
ISP Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set
No, and your EMG's will sound horrendous through it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ok, before you go off like all the rest of the dumb "gotta have a stack or I can't gig" idiots. I've used the older Cousin of it, the GLX1200H with matched slant cab. DON'T BUY IT. It is a very good versatile amp that can handle jazz to metal, so that's a plus. Go with the 120 112 combo. Unless you're playing in small coffee shops with no PA, you can always mic it. Most bars n such have PA's for bands, unless they're cheap.

Remember a stack will break your back

Combo's might be heavy too, but not as heavy as stacks. And unless you plan on playing on big stages with the bigger name bands in a few months, get a combo. You know lots of pro's prefer to have combos for small gigs instead of stacks? Yea.
I got some good guitars, yo.
With 650 you could get a used 5150 combo, or even a 6505 combo if your lucky. Trust me those will satisfy you much much better.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Quote by yocomobebes
With 650 you could get a used 5150 combo, or even a 6505 combo if your lucky. Trust me those will satisfy you much much better.

This.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Good half stack and $650 bucks dont go together.. But $650 bucks can get you a decent combo...

+1
Double your budget and we'll start talking, but for $650 there are no good half stacks.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com