Ok so i've been looking to get a new amp for awhile and it turns out that my uncle can get me really good deals on anything line 6. so i was wondering, are the amps any good? because even though i can get it for cheap, if they're crap i'd rather pay full price or something else

i mostly play stuff like sublime, rage against the machine, the strokes, and muse.
In my experience they been OK at best. If it's small practice amp I would take it, but for anything else I would go with someting else.
Quote by Captain Insano
In my experience they been OK at best. If it's small practice amp I would take it, but for anything else I would go with someting else.

+1
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
they're bad at best, don't even attemp to use their god awful effects
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
No.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
YES!

I own the LD300pro. It has enough power to really do anything with. And if acompanied with a FBV shortboard, you'll never really have to buy an effect. If has chorus, envelope, synth, ocatver, wah, filter, distortion and even a phaser. Its just alot of dailing in a tuning.

I especialy like how you can save knob positions, and with the shortboard you can save up to 36 settings. And it has great highs and lows, and trust me, I've shattered acouple lightbulbs.

In my opinion it is a very versitile amp, and with everything built in really helps. But I would recomend getting the 175 over the 150.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
It's a decent sounding amp, the effects are alright, but no great shakes.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
For the kind of music you play, I would reccomend you get it if you can get a deal. They arent nearly as ****ty as Line 6 guitar amps, they really lack if you're looking for more classic bluesy tones though.
I liked my Line 6 guitar amp, they sound pretty good cranked way up but how often do you get to do that really? :P They have some pretty good high end gear but the cheaper stuff I wouldnt really get. I liked thier $2000 whatever it was, Vetta I think its called, but **** thats expensive.

That being said I skipped over thier bass amps when I switched to bass for that reason.
Last edited by wolf986 at May 24, 2008,
I say no.
and their is i after e, wolfie.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I've got a Line 6 Studio 110, and it is pretty sweet.

The effects are completely useless though, but I doubt anyone buys it just for effects anyway.
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
OH HAI BEN. as the resident band wagon jumper i completey agree with all previous statements
Quote by benco
I've got a Line 6 Studio 110, and it is pretty sweet.

The effects are completely useless though, but I doubt anyone buys it just for effects anyway.

True, I didn't buy it for the effects, but you must admit, it would save alot of cash if you did use em. Just the other day I tuned it to be a phaser and also a fuzz.

Its ultimately up to you, but I love mine.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
It's very "meh" imo. Not the greatest amp. I tried it expecting some decent effects and tones, but I was pretty dissapointed. The low end was alright on the 1x15 version (LD 300?), but there are better amps in the price range, i.e. 'Wick and Ampeg. Just my opinion though.

If you can get stuff off Line 6 stuff, maybe look into a Line 6 Floor Pod?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I like them.

But I'd go with an Ampeg before a Line 6 any day.

And I'd go with the Warwick before either of them (I did when I had the choice). The Ampeg isn't that good. It just sells on the repuatation of the high end heads the sell.

There is always the Ashdown MAG 300 to consider in that range as well.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1