Both Have EMG's

Jackson: Mahogany body, and Neck

Ibanez: Basswood Body, maple neck

which one has a thinner neck with more rounded feel, like not flat.

give opinions and help please, thank you.
My Gear:

Guitars: ESP LTD SC-607B(Drop A), Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (C# standard), Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser(Drop C).

Rig: Maxon OD808>ISP Decimator>FJA modded Peavey 6505+>Avatar 4x12 With V30's
Jackson, because of the Mahogany body. Mahogany just sounds better in my opinion, but if you like a shreddier tone, the Ibanez might be for you.

HOWEVER! The Ibanez has a fairly thin, flat feeling neck. The Jackson's is more rounded and a bit thicker. It'll be a nice upgrade from your Schecter, but you will notice the neck is thinner.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Thanks for the help man, btw do all jacksons have a relatively similar neck? i have this old jackson thats all screwed up and, my uncle sent me this jackson to fix for him, and its a lefty strung backwards, with a screwed up LFR thats missing 2 fine tuners, the pickups are missing screws and don't have any tone, but the neck is more comfortable to play for me than anything i have played. A couple of years ago i played an EBMM JP6 and it was the easiest playing guitar i ever picked up, but the jackson feels exactly the same, so thats what got me interested in them, the neck plays like a dream, but the guitar itself is in an ungodly state of repair.
My Gear:

Guitars: ESP LTD SC-607B(Drop A), Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (C# standard), Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser(Drop C).

Jackson necks are the most comfortable feeling necks in the world IMO. I've owned Ibanez, ESP, Schecter, Jackson, BC Rich, Dean. And Jackson just has that feel. Something that works for all kinds of music. My main axe is an ESP right now.. but I can't stop playing my Kelly, I'm thinking about trading it for another Jackson.
cool man, im planning on getting the black satin finish so i can just slide all over the place!
My Gear:

Jackson SLSMG hands down. Japanese construction, a comfortable profile (not too thick, but also not paper thing), good electronics, etc.

The Ibanez (IMO) has a really thin neck, basswood (which to me isn't really a sweet wood at all), and KOREAN construction. Sure, it's got active EMGs, but still, EMGs are a personal taste. I like passives more, and the SLSMG has passive EMGs, so you could always swap em out for Duncans, Dimarzios, etc without too much effort.
the new slsmg doesn't have passives. not since 2006 i believe
My Gear:

i have a jackson that has the basswood / maple neck/ emghz neck / dimarzio evo bridge. it rocks, great metal guitar, and decent classic rock guitar. sounds like sh$t on clean tho. the neck sucks on this guitar, unlike most butter smooth jackson necks. i would think that mabey the mahogany bodied guitar may be more versitile (sp).
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
the only really good ibanez guitars are the rg prestige which are beastly, but alot of people find the necks way too thin(like me). jackson's are known for the outstanding quality and consistency and for having the best necks(IMO). you really should try both out though however just to see which you like more
I'd go for the SLSMG, but f you have money left over-about $200- you can get a set of Duncan Blackouts, which apparently sound better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
when you say it sucks what do you mean?
My Gear:

i was just gonna switch them around, thats what i did with my schecter (85 bridge, 81 neck) and it sounds pretty damn good.
My Gear:

that IS very tempting....UGHH!!! can't decide!!! OH! i played an S Series S520EX to be exact. will the neck feel exactly the same?
My Gear:

Yes, but the RGT one is more durable since it is a five piece. So the measurements are the same as the S guitar you tried, but the construction under the fretboard will more durable since the 5 piece will prevent warping better.
The only thing I dislike is the EMGs, but for metal they are probably the best pickups. I like a little more of a jazzy distortion even when i play metal. For that 600 and something price, its an amazing value. The RGT necks have the best upper fret access. I have one myself on my sig, and upgraded the hell out of it since it has the best feel of any guitar I have ever tried, except for this 2k washburn i tried once.
Last edited by nyandres at May 22, 2008,
Hmm..sounds good, i think im gonna get one used, it can't be in too bad of shape can it? and im gonna put some Gotoh Locking tuners on it, and probably a graphteq nut.
My Gear:

Quote by Guitar_Hunter13
Hmm..sounds good, i think im gonna get one used, it can't be in too bad of shape can it? and im gonna put some Gotoh Locking tuners on it, and probably a graphteq nut.

If you are gonna change the tunners, you might as well change the bridge too. The stock bridge and hardware are already very good, but you may like a different hardware color. I think gold would look really awesome on black.
what would you recommend changing the bridge to?
My Gear:

Well nothing unless you want to get a different color for all the hardware. Gotoh makes nice bridges too. I think that guitar with gold goth mini 510 locking tuners, a nice fixed gold bridge, some gold knobs, and some gold straplocks, will give you best in class everything, including look. Make sure you get a bridge a fits. If you are gonna leave the hardware black I would not bother though.
Where would i find a gold bridge to fit it?
My Gear:

http://www.stewmac.com/

Thats where you can get the parts. I however don't know the size for that bridge. I recommend you find out what bridge can replace it before you get one. Im thinking any strat type bridge will fit, but I am not sure.

As for tuners, this is what I put on the guitar on my sig http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Gotoh_Mini_510_Locking_Tuners.html

Those tuners are very good, and look really beautiful.

Don't pay for installation. Its really easy to install them.

THese ones ( http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Steinberger_Gearless_Tuners.html ) are the most precise things i have ever seen looking at the specs, but dont know if theyll fit your guitar.

Bridges, like I told you, I dont know. but here (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_bridges.html)

The one listed gotoh hard tail looks like it should work.