Page 1 of 2
I've been playing for like 4 years. But when ever I play anything with bends, and I've been playing for a few hours:

My fingertips hurt like a bitch. They're already all rough, but the skin tears up and it hurts just to hold a damn chord. >=/

shouldn't I be over this crap already, or am I waaaaaaaay off here? WTF.

Everytime this happens, I can't play for like two days cuz it hurts...

irritating.............
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Play until you bleed
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Sounds harsh, 4 years should have definatly hardened them up.

If you moisturise your hands or anything STOP because it will just keep softening them.
make sure u have atleast 2 fingers on the string whenever u bend... makes it easier

edit: make sure u bend the string using two or more fingers
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Fingers? You mean these fingers?

actually i'm sick of those fingers how is it that the pear will get you banned but when a lot of people seem to complain about these they stay up anyway
DAMN!T, I just got that picture out of my head from the last thread it was in why did you bring it up!!!
Quote by BladeSlinger
Play until you bleed

I did that once. =/ but then I couldn't play for almost a month.

Not worth it.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Quote by InvaderTSN

Those look like it'd be really hard to play with...
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

use .9s or a different metal
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
hey man, use Krazy Glue on your fingertips if they really hurt. It works.. Also, sometimes on my picking hand i put krazy glue on the back of my pointer finger so i don't rip up the cuticle when i'm playing hard with my band.. it always works.

BTW - those fingers are disgusting
Quote by InvaderTSN

**** that gave me nightmares the last time i saw it.
happends to me too, i just dont' do bends during that time period and play easier stuff, like working on scales
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by freedoms_stain
What string gauge are you using? Might think about going thicker/thinner.

Have .09 gauge on my strat.
Then I got an ESP with .10 gauge, and it STILL happens. =/
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Stop playing an acoustic.
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
Quote by triviumjunkie
Stop playing an acoustic.

I don't have acoustics..........
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

STOP QUOTING THE NASTY FINGERS!!!!!!!
[im getting nightmares]
and try using two fingers for a bend.
that seems kinda strange that you've been playing so long and it still hurts.
Last edited by Anonymouslyours at May 22, 2008,
Quote by misfitsramones
get your finger tips stronger.

how? =/ I thought playing was supposed to do that.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Quote by Fyre Deity
how? =/ I thought playing was supposed to do that.

it usually does but playing acoustics supposedly does it faster.
either that or playing with thicker strings.
by any chance do you play after like a shower or something that gets your hands wet?
that's really odd, my hands never stay calloused, yet they don't seem to hurt after extended playing time. I use .12 gauge strings btw
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by Anonymouslyours
it usually does but playing acoustics supposedly does it faster.
either that or playing with thicker strings.
by any chance do you play after like a shower or something that gets your hands wet?

rarely. But I put on lotion in the morning almost daily though. but I don't soak my hands in tons of lotion or anything. =/
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

What gauge string are you using? Unless they're 13s or higher you should definitely be over this stuff after 4 years. I like the superglue idea, that should work when all else fails.
Quote by Fyre Deity
rarely. But I put on lotion in the morning almost daily though. but I don't soak my hands in tons of lotion or anything. =/

hmm.
really moist hands might make the callus a little easier to wear away but its only lotion.
and i use lotion daily too, and i dont have a problem.
but BLAAAH. the creepy fingers are freaking me out.
Quote by Anonymouslyours
STOP QUOTING THE NASTY FINGERS!!!!!!!
[im getting nightmares]
and try using two fingers for a bend.
that seems kinda strange that you've been playing so long and it still hurts.

Yep. I usually only use my middle finger for bends. After a while after that, I use my index behind my ****you finger for bends.

After a while, it hurts too much to even do that....
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Quote by Anonymouslyours
hmm.
really moist hands might make the callus a little easier to wear away but its only lotion.
and i use lotion daily too, and i dont have a problem.
but BLAAAH. the creepy fingers are freaking me out.

It doesn't even have to tear the skin to hurt.
It starts hurting underneath the skin. if I poke my finger tips with my fingernails, it hurts LIKE A BITCH! =/
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

That pic isn't even real... Nor is it that disturbing.

I don't really have any tips that haven't been said before... But I'll say this...

NATIONWARS WAS EPIC!
you need to tough it out and play regardless of the pain, so calluses (or even thicker calluses, if you're gonna argue that you already have them) will form, and then the problem will actually be solved. Every once in a while, after I haven't played in a long time, I have the same problem you do. I just play through the pain, and bend even more, even though it hurts like a bitch. Next day or so, your fingers'll be tougher than ever.
Quote by InvaderTSN

That picture has now scarred me for life. THANKS A LOT.

**** that gave me nightmares the last time i saw it.

Are you serious? THat's not gross or disturbing at all..O_o
I've never had any problems with my fingertips hurting when I played guitar. Hmmm. Maybe your just pressing to hard on the fretboard? Try to do something besides playing guitar that will build up your fingertips. Don't know what but maybe the pit can think of something.
****ing hell what's with those fingers... I'm already ****ING SICK and you just made it worse.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Quote by justin129
I've never had any problems with my fingertips hurting when I played guitar. Hmmm. Maybe your just pressing to hard on the fretboard? Try to do something besides playing guitar that will build up your fingertips. Don't know what but maybe the pit can think of something.

The pit? Brainstorming?

pffffffffffft.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Didn't Yommi put glue on his severed fingertip so it doesn't get injured?

EDIT: Are you bending which just one finger by chance?
If you do, try doing it with three.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Didn't Yommi put glue on his severed fingertip so it doesn't get injured?

EDIT: Are you bending which just one finger by chance?
If you do, try doing it with three.

Yeah, that's what my teacher has to do now because he's had some nerve injuries in his fingers from playing. I've started doing that too just because it makes it easier to bend and mute.
Quote by misfitsramones
if you have an acoustic, play that for a few days, get your finger tips stronger.

what is this acoustic you speak of? obsurd.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
Page 1 of 2