Page 1 of 2
I love Zach De La Rocha, man. He was the foundation of Rage Against the Machine. It's wicked awesome that he puts his opinions into the lyrics.
Yeah, he is awesome for protesting and sh*t.

Disclaimer:
I like his music.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
id definitely have to agree with that. he and morello together head one of the most influential bands ever, at least in my own eyes. theyre some of the few artists that actually back what they sing or play about.
I got my own life to live,
I'm the one that's going to die
when its time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way i want to.
-Jimi Hendrix, If 6 was 9
He is awesome. But he was an asshole for causing Rage to break up in the first place. And he needs his dreads back.
kill all humans
hes cool but his lyrics seem so .uggh angry 13 year old or something. and thats saying alot, i listen to NIN
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
in high school, i was hugely in to Rage. i respected their aid to the impoverished and mistreated esp. those victimized by corporations. i am not a fan of violence, communism or pure socailism though. plus it was great music, a blend of hard rock and taste of hip hop.

but i was pissed when renegades came out. it was all sh!tty covers. then de la Rocha quit just cuz. and almost completely stopped making music. the combination of all the members of rage was perfect. one leaves it falls apart.

i always had a grudge against audioslave. two great bands were chop shopped to make one bad band that millions love. i love soundgarden. chris cornell is an awesome vocalist. but audioslave's music is meaningless to me.
He's such a tool that he's home depot!
Good dealings with:
Vash_08
Madsjc
jdr94
Delanoir
creativlogic
Quote by Phorgot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdDVsp_NXc

i prefer his singing more than his rapping

damn Zach can actually sing.

edit:
Quote by brentonlatour

i always had a grudge against audioslave. two great bands were chop shopped to make one bad band that millions love. i love soundgarden. chris cornell is an awesome vocalist. but audioslave's music is meaningless to me.

dude what's wrong with audioslave? I love all 3 bands, they were all different to me. out of exile is one of my favorite albums.
Last edited by chinkboy7 at May 22, 2008,
screw that commie...i like ratm but good god...
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I love rage, I love Soundgarden, I ESPECIALLY love audioslave. He can be annoying because his voice seems to be 100% aggressive in rage. It would be cool if he had some more subtle stuff with rage.
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
what do you guys think of him? i think he's awesome and its awesome that he protests and ****.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_de_la_Rocha

Yeah dude, cuz no one has done that before.

I respect him as a musician I guess, but I never got into RATM.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
He makes Ratm unique from many other bands.
besides Tom's cool guitar sounds.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
I love RATM and all of it's members
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by joel20392
he is my hero cause hes a small angry whit dude with dreadies and he raps

theres nothing cooler than that

dude he's hispanic
De La Rocha should run for office and his campaign slogan should be 'some of those who work forces, are the same that burn crosses'
Meh, personally I think that RATM in general is a bit hypocritical. I mean they're all anti capitalism and they bash the government and media yet they're on a major record label and they have a song on guitar hero. Seems kind of two faced IMO.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Meh, personally I think that RATM in general is a bit hypocritical. I mean they're all anti capitalism and they bash the government and media yet they're on a major record label and they have a song on guitar hero. Seems kind of two faced IMO.

I like RATM but yeah, I have to agree that they're hypocriticizers.
Quote by James Keenan
I like RATM but yeah, I have to agree that they're hypocriticizers.

i've noticed that too, but i only just listen to their music and not do what they're saying.
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
i think he's awesome and its awesome that he protests and ****.

Ya lol itz like tolly kwel how hes rael protestor nd liek fites teh mainstraemz nd is such a ponk.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by estranged_g_n_r
Ya lol itz like tolly kwel how hes rael protestor nd liek fites teh mainstraemz nd is such a ponk.

You're so funny and original.
la cucaracha? da da da da da da da
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by soul_power

How do you spread a message around the world? By being on a label which is big enough to produce millions of records.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
How do you spread a message around the world? By being on a label which is big enough to produce millions of records.

Yeah you cannot deny the political catalyst Rage have been. For so many people their awareness of the social and political issues in the world started solely from listening to a RATM album. They are definitely a good transition band for 13 year old kids to at least get remotely interested in the worldly issues, even though many of the kids don't follow it up or get the wrong end of the stick.
i think hes a pretty damn awesome guy.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

A few months ago his wikipedia page was tiny, now it's pretty big.

That can only be good.

I him.
Quote by James Keenan
You're so funny and original.

Thanks.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by clancy256
la cucaracha? da da da da da da da

haha

Quote by soul_power

This. Damn hippies.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Page 1 of 2