Is the ESP Ex-50 a good guitar or should I go for a more expensive version? I was looking for this guitar because I was wanting a new 6 string but I am also going to buy a bass. The only thing bad that I've heard about the ex-50 was about the neck being a bolt on or something. That why I don't know if I should buy a more expensive one like the ex-200 or 400.
i would go for the EX-50 plus a pickup change. and bolt-on is in no way bad.
If you can get the 400, then don't even think of buying the 50. If this is your very first guitar then it's okay, but for a second guitar please don't get the 50, or anything below 400. they are usually poor quality, I have an ex-50 and it's a good guitar(from beginners IMHO) but serioualy stay away from it if you want a second guitar, the quality is ****ty.
this would be my 4th guitar but I can get the 400
Last edited by BulletsToBlood at May 22, 2008,
Quote by sum_ugly_man
If you can get the 400, then don't even think of buying the 50. If this is your very first guitar then it's okay, but for a second guitar please don't get the 50, or anything below 400. they are usually poor quality, I have an ex-50 and it's a good guitar(from beginners IMHO) but serioualy stay away from it if you want a second guitar, the quality is ****ty.

+10912381238098
my friend has the ex50 and with a setup and and a pickup change it has some potential to be decent, but nothing like a 400 or 1000 series, although the ex doesnt come in the 1000 deluxe series. if its your seceond guitar, like the people above, the 400 is your best bet. for a first guitar, it can be a pretty alright guitar.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
The 400 is an all around good guitar compared to a lot of guitars. The 50 is entry level.
Quote by BulletsToBlood
this would be my 4th guitar but I can get the 400

Then the ex-50 is a nay-nay. Also what amp are you going to be playing through?
well, a cheaper bass would b better in quality compared to a cheaper guitar, imo. so spend more on the guitar then buy a bass w/ the excess
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by sum_ugly_man

+10912381238099

Yup, if you can, go with the 400 series, under that you're really just hitting beginner type of guitar craftsmanship.
If you are going to play through that MG, then please don't. Get a new amp first, the EMGs will sound ****ty through that.
Go for the EX400 Definetly mate.

It's a no question answer.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
word of advise though if ur goin with the 400 is its really front heavy .
Guitars

Dean Razorback Explosion Lefty
ESP LTD EX-400 LH
Vintage?? LH

Amp

Bugera 333xl
Bugera 412H-BK