They make a non-tremolo version....

EDIT: huzzah...

EDIT 2: IF you already have the guitar, no you can't remove the trem, but there are several ways to block it. You can use something like a tremolo-no that was mentioned before, or you can just jam some wood in the back to physically stop the trem from moving.
Last edited by T!AN at May 22, 2008,
Im not sure why you would even buy/have a guitar with a floating tremolo if you just want to take it off. Howeverr, i suppose it's possible, but you'd need to do a project of (what i'm guessing) fairly large proportions. In other words, if you know what you're doing (and that seems to be a no for customizing your guitar), go for it. If not, take it to a pro and get their console.
No, you can't remove the tremolo. It's part of the nature of tremolos that you can remove most of em. But ya can buy the non-tremolo version. Or you can usually unscrew the bar itself and not use the tremolo.
if I'm a beginner is the tremolo going to effect me, and am I not going to know what to do with it?

and if I can unscrew the bar itself will it effect how I have to tune the guitar and stuff?
Quote by guitarplayerrrr
if I'm a beginner is the tremolo going to effect me, and am I not going to know what to do with it?

and if I can unscrew the bar itself will it effect how I have to tune the guitar and stuff?

yes it will effect how you tune the guitar and whatnot. You can take the bar off to get it out of your way though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^Woops. I was confused, because you posted a picture and I though you were talking about the 400 version. They make a 100 series version of the guitar I recommended called the MH-100QMNT but I can't seem to track it down online.
For the cost of converting it to a fixed bridge you might as well just buy a different guitar - it's not worth the money or the hassle, particularly for a beginner.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com