Okay i managed to mount my iso image of xp but when i load it up it doesnt give me the option to install just lots of other options with the windows menu. Do i need to take off my current Operating system before that will work or go into safe mode or what?
if you are trying to reinstall XP, you'll need to restart your pc with the cd in the drive. I don't think a virtual drive will work.
Quote by rock.freak667
if you are trying to reinstall XP, you'll need to restart your pc with the cd in the drive. I don't think a virtual drive will work.

its on a cd i used alcohol120 to mount it
You never told me what alcohol was - is it some strange emulator?

And if it is, I think you burn the CD.

ANd why the hell have you started a new thread? You had a perfectly good thread going. It's annoying you know....
if you are mounting it to your computer using a program, it won't work

you must burn the iso to a cd, or unpack all the files of the iso into a folder and then burn those files to a cd

then with that cd in the drive, reboot your computer and boot from the cd drive,

not sure how to boot from the cd drive?

google it, you will have to set that up in your bios, depending on what you're running...

EDIT: you will have to reformat your harddrive before you install your windows xp, this can be done off of the cd when you boot from it
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Quote by Lastin
if you are mounting it to your computer using a program, it won't work

you must burn the iso to a cd, or unpack all the files of the iso into a folder and then burn those files to a cd

then with that cd in the drive, reboot your computer and boot from the cd drive,

not sure how to boot from the cd drive?

google it, you will have to set that up in your bios, depending on what you're running...

EDIT: you will have to reformat your harddrive before you install your windows xp, this can be done off of the cd when you boot from it

alright cool man ill try and figure out how to boot it up