Okay i've been playing for almost a year and i fell in love with playing. I bought a Washburn acoutic last summer and it's good, but i'm ready to move onto new styles of songs. I've been wanting to play songs such as I'm Alright(jerryc)and other types of rock songs. I can't though cause my guitar is acoustic plus it only has 20 frets.

I'm going to get a electric guitar but i don't know how to choose. I want one thats good sound quality,stays in tune, and just good in general. I'm not willing to spend like a thousand. maybe around 500-700. Depends on my mom so what guitar brands and models do you recomend. all iknow is fender,gibson(too expensive),epiphone,ibanez,jackson,paul reed smith. There's probly othe good brands. I need help picking a guitar!!

What are you experiences with your guitars?
Well first thing you need to know is that the amplifier that you choose (at least in this stage of your guitar career) is going to have a bigger tonal effect on "your sound" then the guitar you end up with.

These are the most frequently recommended, but as you give us more information we can narrow down a better choice.

Amp wise assuming your not gigging...

Roland Microcube or for more wattage Roland 30X if you're after metal tones either are a good choice.

Vox Valvetronixs are good if cleans are more important that metal tones.

For guitars...

A MIM Fender strat with a humbucker in the bridge for heavier tones is a great starting place.

The other classic would be an Epiphone LP A very solid guitar, though you'll probably get recommendations to look at Agiles if you like these guitar.

Ibanez is one of many more metal/shred oriented companies (generally speaking) and the RG2EX1 is a good starter guitar.

There are a ton more options but your thoughts on these will give you a good starting point. Although ultimately , going to a guitar store a trying out as many guitars as you can is the best choice.
Quote by T!AN
Well first thing you need to know is that the amplifier that you choose (at least in this stage of your guitar career) is going to have a bigger tonal effect on "your sound" then the guitar you end up with.

These are the most frequently recommended, but as you give us more information we can narrow down a better choice.

Amp wise assuming your not gigging...

Roland Microcube or for more wattage Roland 30X if you're after metal tones either are a good choice.

Vox Valvetronixs are good if cleans are more important that metal tones.

For guitars...

A MIM Fender strat with a humbucker in the bridge for heavier tones is a great starting place.

The other classic would be an Epiphone LP A very solid guitar, though you'll probably get recommendations to look at Agiles if you like these guitar.

Ibanez is one of many more metal/shred oriented companies (generally speaking) and the RG2EX1 is a good starter guitar.

There are a ton more options but your thoughts on these will give you a good starting point. Although ultimately , going to a guitar store a trying out as many guitars as you can is the best choice.

thank you. but are these guitars beginner gutiars? im looking for more better guitars. not the most expensive like gibsons but decent/good quality ones. Its just that theres a 10000 gutitars to choose form. so frustrating. and i idont want to waste any moeny on buying the wrong guitar..=(
^ Most consider the guitars I listed a step up past the crap wood/electronics/hardware beginner guitars a lot of people start with. I've heard of a lot of people getting these as second or third guitars.
Quote by T!AN
^ Most consider the guitars I listed a step up past the crap wood/electronics/hardware beginner guitars a lot of people start with. I've heard of a lot of people getting these as second or third guitars.

oh thank you. im looing for a better one because i dont plan on keep buying guitars. Id rather just buy this last one for a pretty good price. I feel its a waste of money to keep buying new guitars as i go along. ALso is it true that fenders go out of tune easily and are bad if there not expensive?
Cheaper Fenders are perfectly fine and will last a long time. There are noticeable differences between cheaper made in Mexico, MIM, and made in America models, but they have more to do with feeling and over quality than sound.

And they only go out of tune if you go crazy with the tremolo (the bridge). It's a problem with any fender that doesn't have locking tuners, but it can be easily avoided.