Page 1 of 2
anyone else really REALLY hate this band? I thought their first album was alright but I finally got around to downloading the second one (legally) and I must say it is without doubt the biggest waste of money I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Ok so Tom is trying to be in a "mature" band, I can respect that. But all of the songs start with some really slow electronic buildup that isn't interesting and just boring and any time I try to listen to them I find myself twitching towards the skip button . Then when the song actually starts Tom is just singing lyrics that frankly either don't make sense or are impossible to relate to in any way, it makes me think of that one scene in Walk Hard that spoofs Bob Dylan where Dewey sings a song and every is just like "what the f]uck is this song about?". Could Tom possibly squeeze in the word "love" in anymore? Most of my distaste for it comes from Tom's bullsh]it Music Messiah complex about changing the world and "changing the face of music forever". I swear if this is the future of music bands like Hawthorne Heights and Red Jumpsuit are the Led Zeppelin and The Beatles of this generation, it's almost sad enough to bring a tear to my eye. Plus the album cover is just retarded and the name is atrocious. I mean, I-Empire? Is that supposed to mean something? Or is it just more of Tom's psycho-babble that only makes sense to him
sorry, tampons are in the next aisle
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs

Beautiful.
I happen to like them.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by alex_haeni

Beautiful.
I happen to like them.

I only have their second album. The only song that I can't stand is Breathe.
Otherwise they are pretty good.
Not my fave by far though.
Space reserved for cool quotes.
yeah, i really really hate this band. i think the first album was **** as well. tom delonge is just a hack.
lol sorry if I'm sounding a little bit bitchy, but I'm surrounded by a bunch of people at my school who think they're "the most incredible band ever" and I'll occasionally get called retarded for not seeing their "awesomeness" or not "getting their music" even though there isn't much to "get". So I felt like getting that rant off my chest
Last edited by DesertRockerX10 at May 23, 2008,
Quote by DesertRockerX10
lol sorry if I'm sounding a little bit bitchy, but I'm surrounded by a bunch of people at my school who think they're "the most incredible band ever" and I'll occasionally get called retarded for not seeing their "awesomeness" or not "getting their music". So I felt like getting that rant off my chest

maybe if everyone likes it and you're the only one who doesn't.... your the one with the problem? just a thought....

in any case i didn't really like the first album, but the second one had a more appeasing tone to it. like. it sounds cuter.
Inb4 "It hurts, it hurts, it hurts..."

Worst lyricist ever.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
Inb4 "It hurts, it hurts, it hurts..."

Worst lyricist ever.

Yeah, I was gonna say something about that, but decided to let someone else.
He's horrible
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by DesertRockerX10
I swear if this is the future of music bands like Hawthorne Heights and Red Jumpsuit are the Led Zeppelin and The Beatles of this generation, it's almost sad enough to bring a tear to my eye.

oh i didn't realize we were dealing with a classic rock lover.... sorry we can't all be drugged up cult members. my apologies, we must be stupid cuz we think a song like everythings magic is a little more meaningful than some blazed-off-your-ass rant about being a walrus.
Quote by whosamerica
maybe if everyone likes it and you're the only one who doesn't.... your the one with the problem? just a thought....

in any case i didn't really like the first album, but the second one had a more appeasing tone to it. like. it sounds cuter.

well the thing is when I've tried to show some people bands from the past that did similar things but much better I still get the same "nah AVA is EPIC" response, even though it's quite obvious that Tom is trying to be something he isn't while ripping off much better bands. I'm sorry if I feel that these earlier bands deserve the credit for making good music that uses effects etc without going overboard on them
Quote by whosamerica
oh i didn't realize we were dealing with a classic rock lover.... sorry we can't all be drugged up cult members. my apologies, we must be stupid cuz we think a song like everythings magic is a little more meaningful than some blazed-off-your-ass rant about being a walrus.

well you don't have to be a "drugged up cult member" to enjoy Led Zeppelin or The Beatles dude. And actually I'm not a die-hard Classic Rock fan, I like a good mix of old and new, I mostly used them as an example due to their huge influence on the music scene/originality. Plus any meaning Everything's magic might have had was negated the second Tom decided to rip off his own Blink song (anthem pt. 2) for the main riff, even though he tries to distance himself from Blink. It just shows the lack of originality on the album
Quote by DesertRockerX10
well the thing is when I've tried to show some people bands from the past that did similar things but much better I still get the same "nah AVA is EPIC" response, even though it's quite obvious that Tom is trying to be something he isn't while ripping off much better bands. I'm sorry if I feel that these earlier bands deserve the credit for making good music that uses effects etc without going overboard on them

so what. now your critisizing delonge for doing something different? sounds like another guy whos just a little pissed off that noone likes his style. just deal with it dude.
Quote by whosamerica
so what. now your critisizing delonge for doing something different? sounds like another guy whos just a little pissed off that noone likes his style. just deal with it dude.

my point was that he's not doing anything original, he's stripping down older stuff and passing it off as original
Hey I really like their music so personally I don't give a **** what you think, it really bothers me that I wasted enough of my life to read and reply on this thread, though.
Quote by DesertRockerX10
well you don't have to be a "drugged up cult member" to enjoy Led Zeppelin or The Beatles dude. And actually I'm not a die-hard Classic Rock fan, I like a good mix of old and new. Plus any meaning Everything's magic might have had was negated the second Tom decided to rip off his own Blink song (anthem pt. 2) for the main riff, even though he tries to distance himself from Blink. It just shows the lack of originality on the album

tom didn't "rip off" his own song. toms guitarist wrote a song in the same scale as the anthem part 2.
Oh, and for the TS.
Did you really have to go on a rant about a band you hate?
Now that I think about it.... I almost never see a thread like, "OMG I absolutely love this band! What do you think?"
Space reserved for cool quotes.
Quote by america

So...you pick a Ringo song and ignore the songwriting genius of Lennon and McCartney?
There are plenty of meaningful Beatles and Led Zeppelin songs. You can't make a generalisation based on one song.

Edit: Do you really think all fans of classic rock, or classic rock musicians were/are "drugged up cult members"? That's just plain ignorance.
Quote by whosamerica
so what. now your critisizing delonge for doing something different? sounds like another guy whos just a little pissed off that noone likes his style. just deal with it

You complain about someone being pissed off and not liking other music, yet you do the exact same thing. People have opinions, and some of them are not necessarily what you believe. Do us a favor, and grow up and accept them. Can't we all get along?
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Last edited by ledhead67 at May 23, 2008,
Quote by DesertRockerX10
lol sorry if I'm sounding a little bit bitchy, but I'm surrounded by a bunch of people at my school who think they're "the most incredible band ever" and I'll occasionally get called retarded for not seeing their "awesomeness" or not "getting their music". So I felt like getting that rant off my chest

wow that's how i feel about tool but everyone seems to enjoy licking their balls
thank you ledhead67. And chinkboy67, I never got into Tool either lol. Im pretty sure EVERYone has thought the same things that I have about some band during their lives, even if they won't admit it
Blink was better
**** tom for breaking them up

ps
im a mark fan
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
Quote by DesertRockerX10
thank you ledhead67. And chinkboy67, I never got into Tool either lol. Im pretty sure EVERYone has thought the same things that I have about some band during their lives, even if they won't admit it

dude it's just chinkboy7 not 67 get it right...

anywho im glad there's someone on this site besides me who doesn't think tool is the greatest band to walk this earth.
Quote by chinkboy7
dude it's just chinkboy7 not 67 get it right...

anywho im glad there's someone on this site besides me who doesn't think tool is the greatest band to walk this earth.

lol my bad, didn't mean to do it. sorry chinkboy*7*
Quote by DesertRockerX10
lol my bad, didn't mean to do it. sorry chinkboy*7*

im not gunna go all flame on you because i found a fellow uger who doesn't worship tool.
Quote by DesertRockerX10
even though he tries to distance himself from Blink. It just shows the lack of originality on the album

No he doesnt, He plays blink songs at gigs( Reckless abandon for example ) , so thats hardly distancing himself from it.
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Quote by nehpets5555
No he doesnt, He plays blink songs at gigs( Reckless abandon for example ) , so thats hardly distancing himself from it.

ok well he might not really distance himself from Blink. But saying your new band is on a whole new level and more mature while playing songs from your old band is just kind of, I dunno kinda dumb. He should just pick which band he wants to be in, and if he thinks AVA is on a higher level than Blink, why play Blink songs?
I think they sound too mainstream, but I don't really HATE any band...
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Quote by DesertRockerX10
Plus any meaning Everything's magic might have had was negated the second Tom decided to rip off his own Blink song (anthem pt. 2) for the main riff, even though he tries to distance himself from Blink. It just shows the lack of originality on the album

you are an idiot
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs

They're alright, better than most ear sores. But srs, you don't get I-empire? lol
meh i genuinely enjoyed the first album. seeing as im not the biggest fan of them tho, i had no idea that they put out a second album so i can say anything about that.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
If you write in the same genre for long enough, you're bound to get repetitive.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by whosamerica

Tell that to a kidnapped boy in a NAMBLA meeting.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by DesertRockerX10
anyone else really REALLY hate this band? I thought their first album was alright but I finally got around to downloading the second one (legally) and I must say it is without doubt the biggest waste of money I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Ok so Tom is trying to be in a "mature" band, I can respect that. But all of the songs start with some really slow electronic buildup that isn't interesting and just boring and any time I try to listen to them I find myself twitching towards the skip button . Then when the song actually starts Tom is just singing lyrics that frankly either don't make sense or are impossible to relate to in any way, it makes me think of that one scene in Walk Hard that spoofs Bob Dylan where Dewey sings a song and every is just like "what the f]uck is this song about?". Could Tom possibly squeeze in the word "love" in anymore? Most of my distaste for it comes from Tom's bullsh]it Music Messiah complex about changing the world and "changing the face of music forever". I swear if this is the future of music bands like Hawthorne Heights and Red Jumpsuit are the Led Zeppelin and The Beatles of this generation, it's almost sad enough to bring a tear to my eye. Plus the album cover is just retarded and the name is atrocious. I mean, I-Empire? Is that supposed to mean something? Or is it just more of Tom's psycho-babble that only makes sense to him

i completely agree. we are not alone.
**** tom and his jesus complex.
his music blows.
Page 1 of 2