Well I always play w/ the highest distortion on my crate amp.. and i was just wondering if the distortion/tone would sound better with this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-DS-1-Distortion-Pedal-100086787-i1124466.gc

Any help would be appreciated.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
better saving it, i guess, idk i guess if its that cheap than sure go use it
but its that or save it and a ton more for A NEW AMP
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by trutrojan8
Well I always play w/ the highest distortion on my crate amp.. and i was just wondering if the distortion/tone would sound better with this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-DS-1-Distortion-Pedal-100086787-i1124466.gc

Any help would be appreciated.

Probally not being that is one of the lowest gain and thinnest distortion pedals there is.

Get you something like a Metal Muff or better yet a Protone Body Rot if you got the cash...

But honestly i would just save up for a new amp...
Save the money for a new amp. And as a previous owner of that same amp, I can say with certainty there is no reason to max the gain. All you get is unusable mush.
I got a free Metalzone MT-2 Pedal today!

But I'd only recommend getting it if you can see yourself using two levels of distortion within the same song, otherwise your amps distortion is most likely just as good as the pedals. (I had the Boss DS-1, but it got stolen).
Quote by m03113r
I got a free Metalzone MT-2 Pedal today!

Did you catch it as someone chucked it out there window?

EDIT: Sorry couldn't resist...
Last edited by T!AN at May 23, 2008,
Quote by T!AN
Did you catch it as someone chucked it out there window?

Yeah, that's exactly what happened.
i have the same guitar and i go with the boss metal core sounds very good. same pedal dragonforce used for fire and flames.
Quote by wretchedspawn
i have the same guitar and i go with the boss metal core sounds very good. same pedal dragonforce used for fire and flames.

I've never read it anywhere, but I know for a fact that isn't true. Seriously...
Quote by m03113r
otherwise your amps distortion is most likely just as good as the pedals. (I had the Boss DS-1, but it got stolen).

The pedal TS listed, maybe. But in general? Absolutely not.

But I'm guessing you mean the former.

Generally you use your amp's clean channel when using a pedal so you can switch from clean to gain, not between two levels of gain.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
If you're getting a distortion pedal don't get a DS-1.

Mine was seriously wasted money. I found some guys who mod them in the UK and I think I might go for it, just so it's not the complete brick it is now.
mmm, I'd go for a Big Muff, but thats like a Fuzz.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK