What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?

you got sigged my friend!
Quote by SungWismyName
im pretty sure the word your looking for is humbucker,

sustain is the duration for which the guitar holds a single note

a pickup is the metal "thing" between the bottom of the neck, and the bridge, it "picks up" on the strings vibrating through the change in the magnetic field

i think a humbucker is a certain type of pickup, or way its set up, not sure, it looks like a rectangle thats about twice as big as a single coil (the "regular" kind) pickup

if you want to see a single coiled pickup, look for a stock Fender Strat, the three metal things in the center of the guitars are single coils

look in the same place for a Gibson Les Paul for a humbucker
Turquoise Team Beasts!
WTF is hoblewockey

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Sustain refers to how long the note rings out, if a note rings for a long time from one pluck of the plectrum it has lots of sustain, if it dies quickly, weak sustain.

Pickup refers to the type of mechanic required to 'pickup' the sound. This is usually the things underneath the strings in the body of the guitar where you pluck your strings, there can be 1 2 or 3 of them.

Humbucker is a type of pickup, other types are like single coil pickup, compared to a humbucker pickup.
Quote by SungWismyName
Sustain is how long a note lasts before is fades away. It's usuually determined by the quality of the guitar.

Pickups are the little metal/plastic things that are near where you pick, usually in a rectangular shape.

The pickups are the white things. (not the ones that say "tone" and "volume"

The last term is probably "humbucker," and it refers to a type of pickup. See how in the picture, one of the picks is wider than the other two? That's because it is essentially two regular pickups built together as one. They are louder, and don't hum or fuzz, thus "bucking the hum."
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Sustain is how long a note lasts before is fades away. It's usuually determined by the quality of the guitar.

Pickups are the little metal/plastic things that are near where you pick, usually in a rectangular shape.

The pickups are the white things. (not the ones that say "tone" and "volume"

The last term is probably "humbucker," and it refers to a type of pickup. See how in the picture, one of the picks is wider than the other two? That's because it is essentially two regular pickups built together as one. They are louder, and don't hum or fuzz, thus "bucking the hum."

+2 for the pic of a Strat with a bridge humbucker, sexy sound
Turquoise Team Beasts!
humblewockey rofl that made me **** my ****ing pants.

not really.

but kind of.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
anyone else smell a troll?

or a multi?

kind of, but I figured in case he isn't, I didn't want to start yelling at him, and decided to be helpful.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SungWismyName
whats sigged mean lol

You said something funny so he put it in his signature.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls