Well, I've been looking around for an amp to purchase after I upgrade the rest of my rig (guitar & pedals), and I've wondered a bit about the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue 1x12 (and cab). I've heard a few clips of it on YouTube and such and I like it, but unfortunately I've yet to find a store that carries them around here to try it personally.

I play things like SRV, CCR, Aerosmith, Santana, Clapton, ZZ Top just to give a broad enough basis so you know the tones that I wish to get close to. I was originally going to save up around $2000 for the amp itself, but the Deluxe seems pretty good for a reasonable price and when I do save up the rest of that money, I planned on maybe upgrading it. Things like the cab itself, new speakers, new tubes, things like that.

My question, is the Blues Deluxe good for what I'm playing and is it worth upgrading if I ever feel the need to upgrade. And as for harder stuff like Aerosmith, I do plan to use a Keeley TS9 instead of the on-amp gain.

Edit: And so that people know which one I'm talking about- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blues-Deluxe-Reissue-40W-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=483718
Last edited by Iceman 420 at May 23, 2008,
i have the Hot Rod Deluxe and i love it. it does great for all of those things, i recommend an OD pedal though. the cleans are really gorgoeus. it is a serious amps, very adequate for professional use. you can hear clips of mine in my profile. i highly recommend it.
Quote by Iceman 420
I play things like SRV, CCR, Aerosmith, Santana, Clapton, ZZ Top just to give a broad enough basis so you know the tones that I wish to get close to. I was originally going to save up around $2000 for the amp itself, but the Deluxe seems pretty good for a reasonable price and when I do save up the rest of that money, I planned on maybe upgrading it. Things like the cab itself, new speakers, new tubes, things like that.

My question, is the Blues Deluxe good for what I'm playing and is it worth upgrading if I ever feel the need to upgrade.

The Blues Deluxe is a nice, entry level gigging amp from Fender. If you were thinking of spending up into the $2000 range though, you should continue to look around before buying it. Even with a new speaker, tubes, etc., it's not going to really compete with higher end amps. Even higher end Fenders like a Bassman or Super Reverb.

I'd look at those, Orange, Rivera, maybe see what boutique amps are available by you. The new Blackstar amps are really nice and come under your $2000 limit. Try some stuff out.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The Blues Deluxe is a nice, entry level gigging amp from Fender. If you were thinking of spending up into the $2000 range though, you should continue to look around before buying it. Even with a new speaker, tubes, etc., it's not going to really compete with higher end amps. Even higher end Fenders like a Bassman or Super Reverb.

I'd look at those, Orange, Rivera, maybe see what boutique amps are available by you. The new Blackstar amps are really nice and come under your $2000 limit. Try some stuff out.

Have you managed to try out any Rivera amps? The Clubster looks like a cool little amp, but I've yet to find a music store near me that stocks any boutique amps and such.
I just want to suggest that you upgrade your amp first since it's easily the most important facet in the shaping or your tone.

Like everyone else said, the BD would work, but if you've got the stick to it to save 2 Gs then I'd definitely look to buy something higher end.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not