New at guitar, really like how H.I.M.'s rip out the wings of a buttefly and wicked games sound. Tried the tabs, wasn't sounding right. What equiptment do i need?

Current set up is Epiphone Les Paul Studio (Gothic version), digitech grunge distortion pedal, and Epiphone Valve Jr combo (Version 3). Have a hardtail strat clone I am piecing together also.

Did a search, couldn't find anything. Thx for any help I can get.
to play anything by H.I.M. simply shove any assortment of large objects up your ass and then try it should sound perfect

if not, try larger objects
Didn't say I wanted to sing HIM, just have the guitar sound like HIM. Some nice riffs in there belive it or not.
I read that he uses Gibson guitars and a Laney VH100R amp live and in the studio.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

I think the problem is the Valve Junior, it's really a classic rock -sort of amp, not a metal amp. Some sort of a distortion pedal that is more metal orientated than the Grunge (although I'm not sure exactly how well it handles metal) might help, but then again that might not be so great either.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I'm not a fan of HIM at all, one of the worst bands I've ever heard, but he has a pretty nice tone. Been trying to dial it in for ages but can't seem to get it.
Quote by ac/dc_freak91
I read that he uses Gibson guitars and a Laney VH100R amp live and in the studio.

Yeah he uses various SGs and the easiest way to get his tone would be to get a laney valve amp.
Quote by wabisabi420
to play anything by H.I.M. simply shove any assortment of large objects up your ass and then try it should sound perfect

if not, try larger objects

reported, you turd..