i bought it off musicians friend and got it today, when i go to push down it is stiff and hard to do, same when i bring it up. what is wrong with it???? im used to a fender tremolo set up so.. and yes i read the giant FR thread
you could always take out one of the springs out to make it not so stiff. but you will have to re set it up for the lack of a spring.
did you get it new, if new they are eather 9-42's or 10-46's and that is weird if the trem is hard to use with 3 springs.
did you check to make sure no packing materials got stuck in the trem cavity? that's happened to me before.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ya i opened up the back and there was nothing there. its not hard to pull back its hard to push forward on the floyd rose
then you may need to loosen the springs a bit, is the bridge floating properly?

Last.fm
it sounds like the springs may be to tight, any way you can get us a side profile shot of the bridge?

Last.fm
really you might just want to take it to a guitar shop to have it set up, especially if you've never dealt with an FR before, they'll show you how to do it and all that usually too.

Last.fm
i fixed the issues, but the action is EXTREMELY high. so high that im unable to tap past the 12th fret. i read to turn the 2 little screws clock wise just under the two E strings, however all that did was lock the floyd rose so that i cant push the whammy down to make the notes flat
ahh yeah, to fix the action you tighten the two little screws on each bridge saddle.

Last.fm
New trem springs are a little stiff when brand spanking new. Just like strings they need playing in to stretch them out a bit and let them settle at a point where they will reliably return to pitch.

Iv heard some interesting methods of speeding the process up like hanging weights off the springs and baking them. I dont trust any of this however, I just play with it and give it plenty of abuse to stretch out the springs.

As for the action issues we really could do with a picture or two, side profile of the trem and the side of the fretboard at the highest fret would help.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
^^ true, but even i have the same prob on my kramer... the action is still high (not as much as this guy i guess, but quite a bit and ive set the action to the lowest possible.. and the trem is stiff. if i leave only 2 springs, the tension isnt enuf... it needs 3.. and ive been using mine for abt 1.5 yrs...
If the bridge is too high that means he doesn't have ENOUGH spring tension... the tension of the strings is greater than the springs and the strings are pulling it forward. You want it flush with the body... sounds to me like your string are too high of gauge. You could add another spring if you wanted but that'll make it a bitch to work. I would put lighter strings on it to be honest.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
here are the pics. the bridge looks set now but why the EFF is the action so high? im unable to tap past the 12th fret.. hell it doesnt even want to trill past 12

You want to turn this:

on both sides to lower the action... it will sink into the cutout but that is normal.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
ya but then it doesnt let me push the floyd rose down *towards the neck*. it like locks it.
Okay... then I have no clue. Hopefully somebody who has experienced this will read your post. I never had any problems with my FR.
TS, can you take a picture of the back cavity? There might be something in there that's blocking the trem.
im going to get it set up tomorrow. will the bridge be ok if i remove the strings now?
Leave the strings on for the guys to take of tomorrow, there's no reason you should remove them the now.
Quote by Russian1
and heres a pron pic of it

LOl it look likes it is lying on maggots
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
mine's pretty stiff too. i think those come strung with 10s?

less springs or less tight springs would probably help, lower gauge strings too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hey mine now has 9s on it... how te heck do ya expect me to put 8s on it and still get a heavy soound from it???
oh ok. yeah, there's not much point in going lower. mine's still stiff with 9s, just it's a bit less stiff than with 10s.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?