okay so i was supposed to sell it today but i plugged it in and its not working....go figure. i havent used it in years and it worked the last time i did use it....

symptoms
- sound goes through, but its very very quiet
- feedback; other crackling....comes and goes i think (might be bad wiring in the room though)
- tubes seem hotter than your average bear, like i can smell em (maybe its just me?)

what gives? bad tube? something else? send it in?
Shamray Custom V
Jackson USA KV2 Korina
Charvel Model 1
Dean Custom-450
ENGL Powerball head
ENGL Blackmore head
yeah, cable, or could be a bad pre or power tube. I would check your preamp tubes if you have a spare. Does it happen on all the channels? You're probably smelling dust or something from the tubes heating up. Just in case though, what do they look like, are any glowing really bright compared to the others?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Sounds like a bad connection.. I'm working on a Marshall amp now with similar symptoms basically i'm having to replace the input connector also the Volume/Gain pot is bad so its not putting out any volume.

That said, it might be something totally different but sounds pretty close to the same issue.
well those same cables work on my other amps...

yes it happens on all the channels, but clean is almost dead quiet, the higher gain channels are slightly more audible
Shamray Custom V
Jackson USA KV2 Korina
Charvel Model 1
Dean Custom-450
ENGL Powerball head
ENGL Blackmore head
If the tubes are running extra hot, imma say blown tube. Especially if its feeding back and stuff.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
ok fired it up again. didnt notice as much heat or anything like that this time so maybe it was just because i whiped it down and it was steaming the residue or something

didnt notice any feedback thsi time around

cranked both channel and master volume to 10, got enough volume that it'd be alright if my grandmother was sleeping in the other room and i had to keep it down

so volume is the only issue.....wtf
Shamray Custom V
Jackson USA KV2 Korina
Charvel Model 1
Dean Custom-450
ENGL Powerball head
ENGL Blackmore head
disregard the thread, I'm a tard

had it plugged into line-out the entire time...
Shamray Custom V
Jackson USA KV2 Korina
Charvel Model 1
Dean Custom-450
ENGL Powerball head
ENGL Blackmore head