Page 1 of 2
just got my ticket!

any other pit-dwellers thinking of heading down?

and which band are you most stoked to be seeing?
Quote by Kensai
kikaykitko, why do I get the feeling you're very sex depraved when you're on UG?

Quote by kikaykitko
Because my virginity is starting to grow back.

I was going to go, but I decided to go to Rock im Park instead. I dunno though, I wanna go to Download too cos a lot of my friends are going, but I doubt I could afford it... especially with Pinkpop and RiP to pay for first.

I'd be most stoked about seeing Judas Priest, but I'm sure they'll tour their new album anyways. Would be fun to see KISS, though.
Quote by LordBishek
But its such a ****e line-up this year...

the headliners are crap, but some of the other bands are amazing.

fall of troy anyone?
Quote by Kensai
kikaykitko, why do I get the feeling you're very sex depraved when you're on UG?

Quote by kikaykitko

Hey, the line-ups not too bad if you look past the headliners.

Edit-Lethal Bizzles on there...why?
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Unfortunately, I'm not even in the same continent as Download, but I'll probably watch some of the livecasts if they have it this time around. (remember the massive thread when Iron Maiden was on Download last year?)
I'd like to go just for the atmosphere, but I can't justify spending more money than when I first went on bands that are nowhere near as good.
Nah - I don't enjoy camping, and it's in the middle of the busiest part of my exams. I think the line-up's not bad though... I like Lostprophets, Coheed and Cambria, Jimmy Eat World, In Flames, BFMV, Fightstar etc. Guess it's just not some people's cup of tea.
Out of all of those, In Flames is the only one that piques my interest.

*sighs*

I remember when Lostprophets were actually marginally acceptable to my musical tastes...
We're going in VIP

I can't FOOKING wait!
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

I was going to go, but i looked at the headliners and decided otherwise.

I really wanted to go last year for Maiden

Ah well, the one band i was eagerly wanting to see, 36 Crazyfists, I'm seeing in Birmingham on the 11th anyway
I was going to, then I read the lineup - how bad is it going to be this year.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
im going on sunday, mainly to see bodom and in flames, lethal bizzle'll be funny to see though.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by dan ramP
im going on sunday, mainly to see bodom and in flames, lethal bizzle'll be funny to see though.

youll have a job wont you, arent they on at the same time just in different tents?

Anyways, i wanted to go to see trigger the bloodshed, disturbed, testament, bodom and cavalera conspiracy, but now i cant see the point in all that money to see 5 bands, im going to leeds anyway, which has more metal bands playing

I mean Cmon, Alexisonfire, Avenged Sevenfold, Feeder, Slipknot, Tenacious D, Metallica, thats rather good for me
Last edited by andyscoot at May 23, 2008,
Nah, lineup looks crap, only good band that I won't be seeing at Reading or Latitude is The Offspring.
Was looking forward to it after last year but this years line up doesn't interest me much. I'm looking at Bloodstock and Hard Rock Hell now
Yeah i am on my way down, yeah the line up ain't great but there is Disturbed and CoB and plenty other little bands that of what i have heard are good so i will be happy. Oh yeah Judas Priest and Motorhead will also be good
Yeah, I'm going.
I'm not a fan of any of the headliners but I wanna see In Flames, Alter Bridge, Children of Bodom, Disturbed, Motorhead, 36 Crazyfists, Coheed & Cambria and Apocalyptica, so I figured it was worth the money as I'd pay an equal amount to the ticket to see all those separately.
I can just about understand Lostprophets at a push but I dunno what Elliot Minor are doing there.
Quote by andyscoot
youll have a job wont you, arent they on at the same time just in different tents?

theyre damn close but i guess ill just run like hell to the main stage to see in flames
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Watching it live on the internet was quite the experience last year.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by lupusthewolf
the headliners are crap, but some of the other bands are amazing.

fall of troy anyone?

See you there, I just ordered my ticket. Quote like the look of the lineup, looking foward to seeing jimmy again. can't wait.

sound, fall of troy are going to be intense!!

i reckon we should have a little UG BBQ or something. XD
Quote by Kensai

Quote by kikaykitko

Quote by dan ramP

I am going on Sunday but I am at the London Guitar show on the Saturday looking forward to seeing Paul Gilbert n lots of new stuff.

Download on Sunday aint that bad, Inflames, Jimmy Eat World, Black Stone Cherry, Within Temptation, should be a good show.

But Know what you guys mean about the headliners, the download forums are saying pretty much the same thing.

Still thing it is goin be FOOKING awesome. It's download!
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
Are they going to prodcast it over the internet like last year?

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

The only band on the lineup that I can remember really wanting to see was Motorhead and I'm going to see them this year anyway.
Redin'!

Quote by darkstar2466
Watching it live on the internet was quite the experience last year.

Indeed, that was suprisingly good! Maiden was good fun.
*waves Reading tickets*

See you suckas later
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by rigiddigits
Yeah, I'm going.
I'm not a fan of any of the headliners but I wanna see In Flames, Alter Bridge, Children of Bodom, Disturbed, Motorhead, 36 Crazyfists, Coheed & Cambria and Apocalyptica, so I figured it was worth the money as I'd pay an equal amount to the ticket to see all those separately.
I can just about understand Lostprophets at a push but I dunno what Elliot Minor are doing there.

Apocalyptica are playing?!?!
Omfg.
/wrists
on the note of the line up ... does anyone know who glamour of the kill are ... and why theyre on mainstage while so many other bands who (from what ive heard of GOTK's music) kick the crap out of them are on 2nd and 3rd stage?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
When Livenation failed to get bigger names near the end of the booking, and had to fill the gaps in the lineup, they brought in a lot of small bands and a good number of acts already on the bill (From First To Last, for example) were promoted up to a bigger stage/slot. I'm guessing that's what happened with GOTK.

It's only the opening slot, though. It won't be a long set, and there won't be that many people there. So, often you'll get a little-known band there.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
wtf... o_o
i googled Reading Fest and then Leeds. im a festival noob, but Reading = Leeds?
http://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/lineup.aspx

http://www.readingfestival.com/lineup/lineup.aspx

They're simultaneous festivals, much like Rock AM Ring and Rock IM Park in Germany.

They're held at the same time, but different line-ups are on different days. So Metallica are headlining Leeds on the Friday, and playing Reading on the Sunday.

Wikipedia article.
Quote by Heid
We're going in VIP

I can't FOOKING wait!

VIP camping (RIP camping) is for tw@s. Completly defeats the point of a ROCK festival, where your supposed to be filthy for 3-5 days, drink way too much beer and smoke way too much weed. The line up is a bit **** this year but I'm going anyway! Downloads atmosphere is second to none and usually those damn emo kids are heavily out-numbered and ridiculed!

Good times!
Quote by J_Producer
VIP camping (RIP camping) is for tw@s. Completly defeats the point of a ROCK festival, where your supposed to be filthy for 3-5 days, drink way too much beer and smoke way too much weed. The line up is a bit **** this year but I'm going anyway! Downloads atmosphere is second to none and usually those damn emo kids are heavily out-numbered and ridiculed!

Good times!

The experience is still the same. We will still be camping and drinking tonnes of beer (it costs even more for hotel privileges which I admit is for twats). The only real difference is that we get to hang out backstage with the bands.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Page 1 of 2