Hey pit, question

Is there an mp3 player with a text reader? [besides the ipod] I have a bunch of books i want to read.

thanks

EDIT: basically, stuff that can read .doc, .txt or other text files
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
Last edited by InvaderRen at May 23, 2008,
EDIT: Nevermind
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
I'm pretty sure the Cowon mp3 players can read txt files. iRiver too.
got the txt files through some shady method. I believe it is against TOS to say however.
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
Most iRivers read them.
Also, anything that runs rockbox, being archos, ipod, and iriver, and toshiba gigabeats.
I don't believe it's that hard to find if you just do a websearch. Like mp3 player with txt support or something
ive tried. all you get are text readers [audible]

thanks smb, looks like a lead
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
one of my friends has an ipod and she was putting in lyrics for all the songs on the ipod. if it can do that i am sure it could dislay other text
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you want to read a book just buy the book, it'll make for a much more enjoyable experience than reading off some little ipod screen. Unless you're just reading the book just for the facts, in which case you might as well just use the internet.
iriver, but i never tried reading an actual book on mine. it seems like a hassle.
I have no opinion on this matter.