ok here's the deal. I play a jackson dinky through a randall G3 full-stack, naturally the tone is pretty sweet for the metal-ish stuff which I play. However, the problem is that since I play lead guitar, I have to toggle between playing riffs and solos midway through a song, and obvisouly I can't change my amp EQ halfway through. For riffing, I prefer having a slightly more trebly sound, not too scooped, but too much mids and contour when playing rhythm makes the amp sounds muddy and the notes become lost in a wall of noise. however, when playing solos, I found it best to have high-mid presence, since for lead work, the mids really enrich the sound and make the notes cut through what the rest of the band is playing. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone at UG can suggest what pedal I can use to give me that warm, mid-rangie boost while playing a solo WITHOUT increasing the distortion or the mud (got enough of that :P )

thanks in advance for any suggestions
MXR 6 or 10 Band.

The Boss isn't very good.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at May 23, 2008,
Quote by rhcp_freak
MXR 7 or 10 Band.

The Boss isn't very good.

I believe MXR only have a 6 band last time I checked
Quote by Horlicks
I believe MXR only have a 6 band last time I checked

Yeah, I meant 6 band.

They have a 10 band too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Either an EQ pedal, or possibly a no frills OD where you don't use the gain or drive part, and only use the volume. Gotta be more careful with that route, though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The behringer PB100 is the only behringer i'd recommend for anything.

its a good cheap booster that does the job well. it has treble and bass nobs as well so you can give yourself that treble boost.

EDIT ah you want MIDrange boost.

damn.

you should still give this a quick look.
Yea, defo try out the MXR 6-band. If it gets your sound where you want it, the 10-band perhaps wouldn't be worth it.
10x 4 all d suggestions guys, seems like an EQ-ing pedal is the right way to go
use a tubescreamer. turn the drive down, and the level up. they have a natural mid hump. this is the tried and true method. everyone whos anyone (mostly haha) in nearly every kind of music from blues to metal have been useing the tubescreamer for just this ever since the early 80s.
an EQ would also work great.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.