Just took some photos and it won't let me upload one of them to my computer, all the others go on fine, but the one that i took in "raw" mode won't.
Anyone know why it won't or how I can get it to go on ?
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
A friend of mine had a similar problem, but with a canon camera. How are you uploading the pics to your computer? Just plug it in and copy the files?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
When I plug it in via USB, it opens an uploaded sort of thing. And the uploader shows you the pictures you are putting on and allows you to pick and choose which you want. The one that I want isn't in the list.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
I don't know which uploader you're trying to import files with, but you can just go into My Computer, then there'll be an icon called Nikon D40 and them another one called DCIM. All your pictures are going to be in there, so just copy/paste it.
I think you can open it in photoshop or something. It's just the raw data from when the camera took the photo, it isn't encoded like a picture file.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Hahaha, it's not mine, it's my step dads. Lot's of people I know that study photography tell me it's a really, really great camera, a lot of people rate it better than most Canon's on the market.

I'd show you some of my step dads photography, but I don't have any on this computer, some of it is really amazing though.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Quote by Freddedonna
I don't know which uploader you're trying to import files with, but you can just go into My Computer, then there'll be an icon called Nikon D40 and them another one called DCIM. All your pictures are going to be in there, so just copy/paste it.

Still not working dude. Can't find the DCIM icon either.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Quote by guitaristdave
Still not working dude. Can't find the DCIM icon either.

Well I'm not sure it's DCIM, but it's somewhere inside the Nikon D40 folder, it should be the only one anyway. You could also try to get a Raw converter (they search your cameras and import all the Raw files to let's say JPG).
Quote by Freddedonna

This is how I do it =/
Download Nikon PictureProject, it lets you import RAW files, and export them as different file types.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Just make sure you export them as uncompressed files, so you retain the full quality.
Don't go to a jpeg until you've finished what you're doing and want to put it on the internet or something like that. I think BMP is the accepted Windows format and PNG for Mac
RAW is much different from normal file formats.
Go to google!
Also, you should know, RAW images are relatively huge for their filesize.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I don't think alot of people here see the problem

Quote by fleaflicker182
Don't go to a jpeg until you've finished what you're doing and want to put it on the internet or something like that. I think BMP is the accepted Windows format and PNG for Mac

Nononono, use .tiff