Hi there, if this has been posted before please point me in the right direction - but searching didnt bring anything up straghtaway.

Anyway, i use a Squire strat with standard 3 singles and i was thinking of replacing the bridge pup with a humbucker, perhaps something like this: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/alternative_8_s/

What im asking is how hard is this to do (for someone with no woodworking and very limited electrical experience) to do? If i were to have it installed, roughly how much would it cost (£?

Finally how can you tell what type of wood the guitar is constructed out of??

thanks for reading
To replace a pickup you only need to know how to use a screwdriver and a soldering iron. If you don't know how to use a soldering irion, installing pickups is a good way to learn. It's pretty easy to do. I have no idea how much it's gonna cost to pay someone to install the pickups but it shouldn't be much.

To tell what type of wood your guitar is you should look it up online. Many people can tell just by looking but if you have to ask then it means you are not one of those people. As a general rule, modern squiers are made of alder. Older ones have been made of alder, poplar, agathis, plywood, or MDF.
Not taking any online orders.
well i can solder reasonably well, so thats good. Is it just a case of unscrewing the pickup and soldering the new one in?