I'm wanting to get this guitar. However, I can get the exact same guitar for almost $100 cheaper here. The only problem is that the cheaper one is a used one with "cosmetic flaws."

I really want this guitar, and I know that looks are nothing compared to sound, but can ya blame me for wanting my new guitar to look nice especially since I'm paying about $580 (taxed added)? I won't even know the extent of the damage until I get it, and if its scratched all to hell then I'd be kinda pissed.

So, which should I go with? The $699 LTD MH-400, or the $531.24 LTD Blem MH-400
Pay full price if you can afford it. Better yet, buy one from a store, i.e. not online, so you can make sure it's in good condition (and get a better price if it's not).
youre going to drop nearly $600 with either scenario...why not pay the extra 100 for a guitar in better shape that even looks better, right?
Your Signature:
if they are selling it from a website like that i'd go on the assumption that it is a B-Stock, which, is no way near as bad as you seem to be thinking it could be, B-stock models are usually just models with a slight chip or crack in the paint, usually you can't even see it or bubble in the finish..again you can't actually notice it until someone points it out
Last edited by Crazybudget at May 23, 2008,
After some thought, I think I'll go with...... the Blem. Its cheaper, I'm garunteed the exact tone of a new one, and if I don't like it, it comes with a manufacture's warranty. Plus, this'll save me some money so I can mod up my other guitars too before summers out.

Now, new question, for an Ibanez SZ320: EMG-81's? or Semour Ducan's?
An Ibanez MIMX 65W. I'm going for a thrashy sound, but still staying ture to my bands metalcore sound.

I need pick-ups that have a high output, but is still pretty quiet.