So I have and Epi LP 100. It's not great, but it looks nice and I enjoy the way it plays--nice slim neck, etc. Couple of buzzes/rattles here and there, but overall it works pretty well.

I'm pretty far off from buying a new guitar, especially since my experience doesn't exactly warrant it yet and I just bought a new amp (Vox AD30VT, which meets my needs pretty well). I find the tone of the Epi a little blah, is a pickup swap worth doing? If so, what is an affordable option? I play mostly bluesy rock, like the White Stripes, Raconteurs, Black Keys, etc. Also, I find my volume pots to be pretty useless, there is pretty much no difference in volume until they're all the way off, so it's just off/on. Is there anything worth doing here?
buzzes/rattles + messed up electronics probably warrants a trip to a repair shop to have it looked at. You can ask about pick-up replacement at the same time.

A good set-up will probably do a lot for your tone and play enjoyability right now anyway.
Quote by freedoms_stain
buzzes/rattles + messed up electronics probably warrants a trip to a repair shop to have it looked at. You can ask about pick-up replacement at the same time.

A good set-up will probably do a lot for your tone and play enjoyability right now anyway.

No, I've had it looked over by a shop when I bought my amp, there's nothing wrong with it. The buzzes are occasional and minor and usually a result of strumming too hard. My electronics aren't messed up--they work fine, I was just referring to finding more sensitive volume pots than the cheap ones that are most likely on the guitar now.

And I'm sure the shop would be all too happy to do a pickup swap for me, but I'm asking what's in my best interest, not theirs. Just want to know any mods that are worth it for this guitar w/o breaking the bank.