Neck Through and Low action generally come hand in hand.... I'm able to get about 1mm at the 22nd fret and .4mm on the 1st fret. On my superstrat with a bolt on the closest I could get was 3 and 1.2.
Neck joint is 100% NON RELATED to setup and string height.

They have absolutely jack to do with each other.
Quote by Pott
Neck joint is 100% NON RELATED to setup and string height.

They have absolutely jack to do with each other.

It will affect the way the neck bends, but any effect it has is absolutely negligible unless you're comparing a neck-thru to a really shoddily done bolt-on.
The neck bends? :S how you mean? Neck relief? Not really. The neck part will bend while the body part will stay glued to the wings. You setup guitars with different neck joints just the same. Bolt ons offer more versatility in setup though.
Depends on how well the neckthru guitar is made. A well made one can have really low action. But a set neck and bolt neck can have the same if built well. But a thru neck thats been built not so well is pretty much impossible to fix. My carvin neckthru has a higher action than my squire.
Yep, my SL2H is neckthrough and has a superlow action.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I have a bolt-on neck and I'm getting like 0.5mm on the first fret and 1.5mm on the 22nd, so I reckon it's possible on a neck-through as well.