What is the cheapest guitar with a neck thru body? I'd like to know because I'm thinking of purchasing a cheap neck thru body guitar whic i could then upgrade into a very good instrument by e.g. new pups, OFR and lots of other cool stuff.

P.S. the body can be made of any wood except plywood and agathis.
My Gear

Guitar(s):
Yamaha ERG-121
Tokai SG-35/CH (my brother's guitar, which I sometimes use)

Amp(s):
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15-DFX

Do NOT click!!!
If you buy a cheap guitar, more than the pickups will be cheap, like the frets, the neck, and electronics. What's the point of buying a low quality guitar and upgrading it to a turd covered in a ribbon when you could spend the same money on a quality guitar that doesn't need upgrading?
Quote by wanderingguitar
If you buy a cheap guitar, more than the pickups will be cheap, like the frets, the neck, and electronics. What's the point of buying a low quality guitar and upgrading it to a turd covered in a ribbon when you could spend the same money on a quality guitar that doesn't need upgrading?

Can you suggest me a good quality neck thru guitar?
My Gear

Guitar(s):
Yamaha ERG-121

Amp(s):

Do NOT click!!!
lets say about 750 euros
My Gear

Guitar(s):
Yamaha ERG-121

Amp(s):

Do NOT click!!!
you could get a Jackson soloist SL3 for around tht much i think

even better and cooler idea!...ibanez VBT they are cooler because soloists look boring(although they are exceptional guitars)
Last edited by Crazybudget at May 23, 2008,
Neck Throughs, 99% of the time have a maple center. The wing's wood don't matter nearly as much. So they all sound very similar. Smooth voicing, not very ballsy usually (compared of course to a bolt on)

Neck through is NOT = to quality!! It's just a different sound and high fret access. If you want that sound, go for it.

If the woods are cheap to begin with, the guitar will be crap no matter what you put in.

A good piece of Agathis is most likely preferable to a bad piece of Mahogany...
The Dean Vendetta 3.0 is a neck through guitar for only $450. Killer fretboard inlay also.
Do you want a neck-through b/c of the sustain or easy access? The Hellraisers are set neck but there is no heal and the highest frets are just as easy to get to as any other one.
steinberger spirits are neck-through if you dont care if they are headless. I believe the hohner clones are also neck-through. they will run you 300-500 bucks.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
The one in my sig, is kinda expensive after upgrades, but really nicely priced before upgrades. Put the upgrades and you get a best in class guitar.
Dont think Ibanez Still Produces them, but a Used RGT220 (i think) Looks pretty sweet, doesnt really need a whole lotta upgrading either.

750 Euros is like 1500$ Right? i sometimes get confused
Some form of Ibanez-I think the Xpt700.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.