Last Saturday I ordered my 2nd ever Guitar a EX50 LTD ESP, Made in China.

I first thought it had been delivered on the Tuesday afterwards, since I had recieved a huge box from the company, (suspicious), But, before I opened the box I had recieved a email from the company I ordered the Guitar with telling me it was infact a Tokai 55 and not my ordered guitar, it was a accidental mistake, So I waited the day after and I recieved it on the wednesday, Not after the other one had been taken back by the courier.

I plugged it in and tested it on the Day I got, all anxious and excited. I really enjoyed playing it, had to adjust the Action a bit as I was getting a bit of string buzz, but that was easly sorted.

Today I came home from School, and played a few riffs, went away, came back and played a few more, to discover that the Humbucker on the Bridge was not registering the E, A and D strings through to the amp. It was only doing this on the bridge pickup only choice, and the other two toggle options were fine, working fine and dandy.

So I've emailed the website company I bought it through and told them the problem, and as it's the weekend I probably wont recieve a reply/phone call till Monday.

After I clicked send, I asked my self the Question.

Why didnt I get the Dean ML79 made in the USA.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Remember Kids! Never get a ltd under the 400 series!

And Also Remeber Kids Do not I repeat NOT get any low end deans (except tah vendetta's) And DO NOT! Get any low end BC riches!
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Last edited by SquierLolz at May 23, 2008,
If I'm going to be sending this Guitar back to the Company (Thank god i kept the packaging) I'm going to up my budget a bit probably.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
spent only 700 on a ltd fx-400 plays like an angel. if the angel is a metal head and worships satan.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
And what exactly were you expecting for 219 dollars. And the super cheap dean wont be any better. Youre gonna need to double your budget if you want a decent guitar.
Quote by Tackleberry
And what exactly were you expecting for 219 dollars. And the super cheap dean wont be any better. Youre gonna need to double your budget if you want a decent guitar.

I'd like to see you pull $200 out of your butt, which you seem to be able to do given how easily you tell someone else to 'double their budget'. Not everyone has tons of money to spend, and you don't NEED to spend tons of money to get a good guitar. This guy obviously got a lemon which is purely bad luck.
I'm going to go ahead and recommmend Agile. If LPs and PRS shaped bodies aren't your thing, that may be a slight bug, but they have amazing build quality. I paid 200 $ USD for my guitar and I couldn't be happier with it. It plays like a dream, it's well put together, the frets are very, very smooth, and the pickups are fairly good (though I do plan on changing em out). The delivery was fast.

Though, I must note. The pickup selector was faulty. I contacted rondo, they sent a replacment within the week and now the guitar is flawless basiaclly.

I don't wanna sound like all the other UG bandwagoners that hop on the "oh get an Agile"...bandwagon, but they really do amazing things.

Just my 2 cents.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Quote by Ironza
Last Saturday I ordered my 2nd ever Guitar a EX50 LTD ESP, Made in China.

I first thought it had been delivered on the Tuesday afterwards, since I had recieved a huge box from the company, (suspicious), But, before I opened the box I had recieved a email from the company I ordered the Guitar with telling me it was infact a Tokai 55 and not my ordered guitar, it was a accidental mistake, So I waited the day after and I recieved it on the wednesday, Not after the other one had been taken back by the courier.

I plugged it in and tested it on the Day I got, all anxious and excited. I really enjoyed playing it, had to adjust the Action a bit as I was getting a bit of string buzz, but that was easly sorted.

Today I came home from School, and played a few riffs, went away, came back and played a few more, to discover that the Humbucker on the Bridge was not registering the E, A and D strings through to the amp. It was only doing this on the bridge pickup only choice, and the other two toggle options were fine, working fine and dandy.

So I've emailed the website company I bought it through and told them the problem, and as it's the weekend I probably wont recieve a reply/phone call till Monday.

Sorry, but the ML79 is made in Korea.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by Ironza

Since when was Korea part of the USA?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I thought the LTD low ends were made in Indonesia..
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Oh it is? I'll be looking elsewhere then.

I'm thinking that most cheap, China/Japan/Korea/Vietnam/Indianisian made Guiitars are worthess to buy right now, someone say Yes, or No

One other thing about the EX50, it seemed so 'tacky' after reviewing it again, it looks great, plays well, but the Craftmanship seems poor. It feels like I could snap of any part of it with my hands, especially the neck, I accidently knocked my hand on it earlier, and it wobbled a bit.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
And to Seagull's comment.

I made the mistake of thinking of the ML79 are built in the USA, after being informed they are made in Korea. I don't see how you assumed that i thought 'Korea was part of the USA'. That's just stirred **** mate, plain and simple.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
If you're looking for a guitar like that:

Ibanez, BC Rich (the ones above bronze, look in their '08 catalogue for some amazing guitars), Shcecter, Epiphone, etc etc.
Quote by Ironza

I'm thinking that most cheap, China/Japan/Korea/Vietnam/Indianisian made Guiitars are worthess to buy right now, someone say Yes, or No

No.

Quote by Ironza
It feels like I could snap of any part of it with my hands, especially the neck.

That does not sound good.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by wanderingguitar
I'd like to see you pull $200 out of your butt, which you seem to be able to do given how easily you tell someone else to 'double their budget'. Not everyone has tons of money to spend, and you don't NEED to spend tons of money to get a good guitar. This guy obviously got a lemon which is purely bad luck.

+1

We all can't be wealthy, care free musicians with an unlimited budget OR go up to mommy and daddy and ask for a couple grand to buy new equipment like a lot of people on these forums do... most of us have very low budgets and have to bust our asses to get money for, sometimes, less than decent gear.

Also I hate how you people use the term "cheap" when referring to gear that doesn't cost much. The correct term is "inexpensive" because when something is "cheap" it is low cost and of poor quality and not every low priced guitar is junk.

TS: You're headed in the right direction by purchasing an LTD. You may want to send that one back and get another one - I'm assuming that you just got the bad one out of the batch.
Noone said anything (assumably) about pulling it out of thin air.
If you really want to have a good guitar you'll be willing to wait til you can afford one.

I love how, if you can afford guitars around here, you're a kid with rich parents, but if you can't, you're a true musician who gets their gear through hardship and guncrime or something.
just buy an epi, lol I always suggest an epi g-400 or les paul standard. I dont think you can go wrong, especially with the g-400 since it cost less than the les paul..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I've been allocated further funds by my parents to choose a Guitar to swap/refund my EX50 for.

I'm doing some research, right now, if I can't find a Guitar that looks good from the webby, I'll just ask for a complete Refund and look elsewhere. My max is around £450. In Dollars I think thats about $800-850 something. Dunno what the exchange rate from Dollars to Pounds are right now.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Noone said anything (assumably) about pulling it out of thin air.
If you really want to have a good guitar you'll be willing to wait til you can afford one.

I love how, if you can afford guitars around here, you're a kid with rich parents, but if you can't, you're a true musician who gets their gear through hardship and guncrime or something.

No one except for you. You told him to double his budget like he can magically do it over night. For all you know he could have been saving up for a year to get this guitar or something.

Not everyone is willing to wait their entire life so they can have a mediocre and overpriced Gibson or PRS or whatever.
Quote by Ironza
I've been allocated further funds by my parents to choose a Guitar to swap/refund my EX50 for.

I'm doing some research, right now, if I can't find a Guitar that looks good from the webby, I'll just ask for a complete Refund and look elsewhere. My max is around £450. In Dollars I think thats about $800-850 something. Dunno what the exchange rate from Dollars to Pounds are right now.

Either of these...
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74671

although you really want to be rid of that Spider if you want to get any benefit from the EMGs. Plus they're both under budget so you can impress your parents with your restraint despite being offered a larger budget. Arguably the X50 Pro is as good as or better than most of the guitars in the £450 bracket anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the 50 series are a load of shat. do not go with anything below a 400 series ltd.

if you do, you're getting ripped off - theres much better alternatives. listen to steven seagull, and look at jackson or schecter.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
+1

We all can't be wealthy, care free musicians with an unlimited budget OR go up to mommy and daddy and ask for a couple grand to buy new equipment like a lot of people on these forums do... most of us have very low budgets and have to bust our asses to get money for, sometimes, less than decent gear.

Also I hate how you people use the term "cheap" when referring to gear that doesn't cost much. The correct term is "inexpensive" because when something is "cheap" it is low cost and of poor quality and not every low priced guitar is junk.

TS: You're headed in the right direction by purchasing an LTD. You may want to send that one back and get another one - I'm assuming that you just got the bad one out of the batch.

What you say is true, because I buy all of my guitars with money i save up,and i dont have job. It took around a year to save up for my MIM standard tele
My brother uses an LTD M-50, it was his first E.Guitar, I used it when I first started to play too, pretty good stuff considering its below the 400 series...Anyway, I haven't played too much LTD's , mainly because I'm not much of a metal head..but anyway they are good guitars..I heard they keep the quality control pretty tight even in indonesia..So yeah...Ibanez however, judging by the durability of the Edge III....much to be desired in terms of their indonesian manufacturing..
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
Quote by i_am_metalhead
+1

+11111

My MIK Ibanez IC-400 has been my main guitar for about 4 years now. I paid $275 for it, because somebody broke a big chunk off of the back of it - and it was the best decision I've ever made.

So take that! Cheap and blemished!
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece