i have noticed that there are two different versions of this bass.
there is a normal one and a limited edition one with a special neck plate.
can anyone tell me what the diference is? is either one better than the other?

thanks
xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Last edited by shinhoman at May 23, 2008,
Quote by Captain Insano
I think the special is made by the Fender Custom Shop, and are exact repilicas of his bass.

There is no EXACT replica of his bass and can't be, as he has never let anyone (even his tech) check the guts of the bass. So nobody knows what's inside, we can only guess.
the limited editions were the first run in '98, they had, as you mention, the different neckplate. As well as real inlays rather than the painted ones now.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Anyone got any pic of this limited edition axe?? A google search turned up no pictures of anything special that i could see. Just the regular artist version. I've got a regular geddy lee jazz. Love it, ain't never selling it!
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Last edited by Insanity^2 at May 23, 2008,
Quote by watchingmefall
There is no EXACT replica of his bass and can't be, as he has never let anyone (even his tech) check the guts of the bass. So nobody knows what's inside, we can only guess.

i was always under the impression it was a stock 1970's jazz bass
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Forcemaster
the limited editions were the first run in '98, they had, as you mention, the different neckplate. As well as real inlays rather than the painted ones now.

do you know of any other differences between them?
is either one superior to the other?

xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.