This will be the new thread since the other is clustered...

Who here believes that Les Paul's are Over-Rated and they are not all that great as they are believed to be.

I personally like Dean guitars and Mesa Boogey amps.
I cannot decide on which head I should get for the Mesa Boogey cabinet.

Anyone wanna suggest?

official metal thread?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

no actually my mom is under rated...jk

But les pauls are worthless pieces of ****!
and yes official thread for now until this gets cluster****ed!

Honestly... every guitarist or noob guitarist at my school ****ing praise Les Pauls.
They are not that great. Deans are the ones that kick ass. And Marshall amps are also over rated. Marshalls are not worth the money you spend on those pieces of ****.
Multitudes people like les pauls because they're good guitars.

They don't call pizza overrated because so many people like it do they?
I've seen one million toilets...

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
Quote by †death_boy†
Multitudes people like les pauls because they're good guitars.

They don't call pizza overrated because so many people like it do they?

Good point but pizza is not talked about once the word guitar comes up... Pizza is something that people will just eat and then its gone, les pauls are here forever. And Les Pauls are decent but they are still crap I believe. If anything an SG is better but I personally like the V if I had to choose a gibson.
so you think that a £350 Dean ML is better than a £3000 gibson les paul?

you need to get ur head checked
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Dean Razorback DB Electric Guitar is better yes.
Price is way too expensive also for Les Pauls.

As that one guy proved!
Quote by uk.mace
why don't you just make an official LP b!tch thread

Because thats your job you noob.

Just because someone says something about your dildo les paul doesnt mean you have to have lil tits.
i said ML. not DB. and pfft. id like to see an ML get teh sustain on an LP

Quote by cornmancer
les pauls are real men's guitars for real music. if you wanna play your new metal on Deans (nothing against them) with 10,000 open notes and a few power chords with a lick or two durring the "breakdown" be my guest.

dont go flaming other guitars or music if you dont have a good reason to, which usually people dont.
If LP's are so bad, maybe you can convince Page, Slash, Zakk Wylde
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by Hoodoo Child
i said ML. not DB. and pfft. id like to see an ML get teh sustain on an LP

I know thats what you said... But I said what I do believe is better than a LP...

I havent even played an ML yet.
CrabShrapnel - i love your sig

and ML's suck btw except matt heafy's sig. but i suppose that's way too overpriced for your liking is it?

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by uk.mace
i don't have a les paul. dick. i was just telling them to go **** off and bitch somewhere else

Right you said why dont you make a thread called **** whatever it was... So I immediately assumed you were talking to me since I created this thread.

Sorry for assuming.
Quote by CrabShrapnel

hendrix also used les pauls on occasion, when he wasnt using strats
Quote by CrabShrapnel

Page is a bitch that played a guitar like a violin... Oh so special.
Only thing good about slash is his range of notes. and Wylde is good all around but best on acoustic.
Quote by maiden_mexico

Yeah, but Page, Slash, and Wylde are still living
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by maiden_mexico

I respect Hendrix but dont like his acid music.
Quote by Akyrun
Page is a bitch that played a guitar like a violin... Oh so special.
Only thing good about slash is his range of notes. and Wylde is good all around but best on acoustic.

if that's what you really think about those guitarists you are musically ignorant. Page actually played his guitar most of the time without the bow and when he did he could blow your ass away. Slash could do a hell of alot more than play "a range of notes". Ive seen Zakk Wylde live and let me tell you electric is his thing....
who cares about respect for players, we're talking about guitars and the sustain and tone of a gibson les paul. obviously you've never played one through a decent amp?
Quote by maiden_mexico
if that's what you really think about those guitarists you are musically ignorant. Page actually played his guitar most of the time without the bow and when he did he could blow your ass away. Slash could do a hell of alot more than play "a range of notes". Ive seen Zakk Wylde live and let me tell you electric is his thing....

Slash can do his thing in his RANGE OF NOTES! What I mean by range of notes is his patterns of playing! And Zakk is good all around yeah but I like his acoustic and think its better then his electric.
what the **** does this have to do with metal? seriously, WHY THE **** IS THIS IN THE METAL FORUM? and how can it be the official metal thread? that doesn't even make sense.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by maiden_mexico

He made my wish my ears were bleeding.....

You can't say one style guitar guitar is so much better than another just because YOU like one over the other, that's completely ignorant. Les Pauls are wonderful guitars and Dean has some great ones as well.....You're probably thinking of Marshall MG's because the other Marshalls are amazing, a wide variety of players prefer them.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
This is the most confusing thread ever
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Akyrun
But les pauls are worthless pieces of ****!
Deans are the ones that kick ass. And Marshall amps are also over rated. Marshalls are not worth the money you spend on those pieces of ****.

wtf? LPs worthless? They are beautiful guitars which are very versatile. And if you're talking about the sound, if you're really have to sound really metally, there are ones that come with EMGs. Deans? better than les pauls? trust me, they're not. Consider the Dean Razorback, could you play anything appart from metal on that? no? didn't think so. And Marshalls, $hit? Which Marshalls have you tried out? Or are you slating them coz you don't have one?

Last but not least, Ony Metal Thread? I don't think there's a need for one since there's an entire Forum dedicated to the Genre