Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Explosion

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 112

Effects:
BOSS ME-50
Metal Muff
Try Roland amps. They are cheap ($125-$325 for a small but excellent amp, man), all of em come with several different channels that emulate other amps, all of em have several effects built-in, and they are all built like tanks. They never break down and aren't that heavy, considering how well-built they are.
metallist, modelling amps are more of a last resort if u cant afford a valve amp.

I'd also advise the Peavey ValveKing 212 or 112. I've looked at plenty, and the Peavey VK is the best.
If you gig, or practice with a band, a 5150/6505 combo is right up your alley.

Otherwise, try a Roland Cube, or other decent SS moddler.
As a bedroom player who wants a new amp, I'm waiting for the Krank Jr's to come back in stock.

But in the price range you have stated, most will recommend:

Used:Peavey 5105/6505 or Peavey XXX.

New: Peavey Valveking with a speaker upgrade.
i love my Cube for metal, who cares if its an SS? it sounds great to me.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I used a Cube 60 for a couple years in the Rectifier mode, with that sound I got into a decent metal band and have played a couple gigs with it mic'd up.

For a modelled amp, it really can deliver a good metal tone, but it unfortunatly breaks up quite poorly at higher volumes, I was lucky that the drummer for our band's dad was a gigging musician back in the day and had a couple PA speakers I could mic up into for band practice.

The Cube 60 has been resigned to my Sunday evening practice amp now that I have a triple rec, but it still sounds good.

A word of warning though, being a modelled amp, it is UTTERLY TERRIBLE with almost any kind of pedal, in the loop or in front of it, so whats on the amp is probably all your going to get, I know this from experience.
Ashdown Fallen Angel. That doesn't get suggested enough for low budgeted metalheads. Beats a Valveking IMO.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Blackhand
I used a Cube 60 for a couple years in the Rectifier mode, with that sound I got into a decent metal band and have played a couple gigs with it mic'd up.

For a modelled amp, it really can deliver a good metal tone, but it unfortunatly breaks up quite poorly at higher volumes, I was lucky that the drummer for our band's dad was a gigging musician back in the day and had a couple PA speakers I could mic up into for band practice.

The Cube 60 has been resigned to my Sunday evening practice amp now that I have a triple rec, but it still sounds good.

A word of warning though, being a modelled amp, it is UTTERLY TERRIBLE with almost any kind of pedal, in the loop or in front of it, so whats on the amp is probably all your going to get, I know this from experience.

yeah this guy's right. you get what you get, which sucks but i dont need anything extra so it doesn't bother me.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Even with a Tube swap, and speaker swap the VK cant do really heavy metal..

Look for a used Peavey XXX combo or a 5150 combo and you'd be set.
Check out the Marshall DSL 50, amazing when cranked, maybe a bit of overdrive when not and just warm gain that the likes of Nile and Trivium love! Well i do aswell :P

James
I'd go with a tube amp, cause you'll want one eventually. Check out the Randall RG50TC, it's supposed to have a good heavy sound.
Bugera 333xl, 6262, 333
Madison divinity
NICK-NAC PATTY WACK GIVE A DOG A HANDJOB!

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
Quote by jimmy666page666
Even with a Tube swap, and speaker swap the VK cant do really heavy metal..

Look for a used Peavey XXX combo or a 5150 combo and you'd be set.

I've been able to get a really good metal tone and I play some heavy s***.
Try out one of the B-52 ATseries. I'm sure you could get a used 212 combo for $550, or a new 112 combo. These amps have better tone then a valveking, and are more versatile then the 5150/xxx.

You could also maybe buy a used AT100 head, and some type of used 2x12 cabinet for around 550. I got my At100 used, and a LS412 cabinet new, but with a 20% discount, for $620

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Peavey Valvekings are excelent bang for the buck!
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
5150 second hand.
Hufschmid
Blackat