Page 1 of 2
heard so much about him, i have only read one of his books though.. it is called Diggers...
do ya know it? though i read it in a relatively young age, i still put it as one of my favourites..
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
I like Pratchett. He's great.

Quote by KenMasters
heard so much about him, i have only read one of his books though.. it is called Diggers...
do ya know it? though i read it in a relatively young age, i still put it as one of my favourites..

Yeah, I read that one ages ago...never since, it's kinda for younger readers if I recall correctly. Try some of the Discworld series sometime, really good fantasy.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at May 23, 2008,
Since August of last year, I have read every Discworld book in order, up to The Last Continent.

I'm not obsessed
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I love Pratchett! The Discworld series was the first proper series of books I read!
Good times.

He's a legend.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by KenMasters

i have heard of Diggers and Truckers and wtever the 3rd 1 is.....but I hav never read them. I'm guessing they're good but I dont hav much time 2 read any more
I like him and have most of his books. Sad about his alzheimers though...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Discworld is my absolute favourite series bar none.

I hope Pratchett manages at least one more book before the Alzheimers takes its toll.
Hells yeah, Pratchett.

I actually haven't read any in a while. I have a copy of Fifth Elephant laying around unopened Also, the dog destroyed my copy of Colour of Magic
Does anyone else think the new artist is crap?
Josh Kirby ftw
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
Josh Kirby ftw
Yeah, the old sprawling covers were way better than these single image things they've got going now.

I used to love sitting looking at the cover and working out who all the characters were.
Quote by Vermintide
Hells yeah, Pratchett.

I actually haven't read any in a while. I have a copy of Fifth Elephant laying around unopened Also, the dog destroyed my copy of Colour of Magic

My dog ate my homework the other day....
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Quote by SuperBlob
Josh Kirby ftw

Meh... He makes the characters look much better. All the characters on the old covers look very similar, but it did fit with the overall Discworld thing much better, and they were usually more fun.
I have the whole set of Discworld books apart from making money... Pratchett's one of the best authors of our time. Gutted about his alzheimers.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Yep, Terry Pratchett is a brilliant writer, and the new adaptions on SKY were excellent.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
^It was on over Easter.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Oh god, I hated that

But that's probably because I hate David Jason (excluding Dangermouse)
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I like some of his stuff, Guards, Guards was absolute brilliance so was the last regiment. and The amazing maurice, that book changed my life as a twelve year old. Oh and the comic book one was pretty good. The alzheimer thing is a real shame, he is a good author, he has had a productive and fulfilling life atleast career wise.
Quote by freedoms_stain

I used to love sitting looking at the cover and working out who all the characters were.

LOL i do the exact same thing
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

Yes you can torrent it. I downloaded both parts in high quality...I REALLY Hate Sky One.
It was alright, although not as good as Hogfather. I think casting David Jason in Rincewind's position was a blunder, because everyone was expecting someone slightly younger...
Quote by LordBishek
Yes you can torrent it. I downloaded both parts in high quality...I REALLY Hate Sky One.
It was alright, although not as good as Hogfather. I think casting David Jason in Rincewind's position was a blunder, because everyone was expecting someone slightly younger...

He casted himself in that role.
And I wasn't expected younger, necessarily, just not fat.

Eric Idle would've been perfect, IMO
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
David Jason shouldn't have been rincewind.

Too old, too short, too fat.

No offense to the guy but he's nothing close to Rincewind physically. And he's never played that sort of character before.
Davic Jason played Rincewind!!! What The ****!!!

thats the stupidist thing i have ever heard, he had already played a different character in Hogfather, surely that just confuses things and messes with the continuity of the story. All the little kids who get into Discworld through the adaptations will get really confused. That is just so stupid
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
I have the majority of his books.
But I've only read Monstrous Regiment, Night Watch and Strata. I need to start reading them in order, and I will over summer after my exams have finished.

Quote by freedoms_stain
David Jason shouldn't have been rincewind.

Too old, too short, too fat.

No offense to the guy but he's nothing close to Rincewind physically. And he's never played that sort of character before.

+1
I didn't watch the Colour of Magic, but I saw the adverts for it, and David Jason is not what I would have expected Rincewind to look like. He needed to be taller and thinner.
*raises hand*

I used to read them 24/7 but Ive kinda gone off them recently...I think I read just about all of them.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by CrowLord
Davic Jason played Rincewind!!! What The ****!!!

thats the stupidist thing i have ever heard, he had already played a different character in Hogfather, surely that just confuses things and messes with the continuity of the story. All the little kids who get into Discworld through the adaptations will get really confused. That is just so stupid

Yeah, David Jason claims to be a fan of the series but if he was, surely he wouldn't agree to such stupid casting?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
*Thread Necrophilism*

Pratchett is awesome but don´t forget that he wrote other books than the
Discworld "series" tho.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I have almost all of his books, every time I travel in England I pick up whatever books of his I find in the local Whsmith.

He's hilarious and writes awesome stories, by far one of my favorite writers. He makes me think of Douglas Adams, except as a kid he liked Lord Of the Rings instead of star wars.
Quote by Cat Of Pain
Bob, you're my hero.

Quote by borntorock2112
If drugs were PP points, I'd be using struggle.

Quote by illuminatiano

YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
I love Pratchett but I've never got around to reading any of the Discworlds, the Truckers, Diggers, Wings trilogy was what introduced me.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Terry Pratchett is that chick from Superman and Desperate Housewives, right?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Page 1 of 2