I just did an acoustic cover of Radiohead's Creep. It's on my profile... check it out if you want:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Four+Symbols/music/all/play308505

If you have any constructive criticism please don't be afraid to comment here. If you didn't like something about it let me know so I can take it into consideration and improve my work.

If you want me to check out / critique one of your recordings, let me know and I'll give it a listen.

Thanks!
Quote by Biatch
acoustic sounds good. actually sounds really close to the original acoustic cover.

actually at points u do sound like thom haha.

what did u use to record?

great cover. well done!

c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856896&highlight=dillion

I used Sonar 7 to record this. I'm going to check out your recording now. Thanks for your reply!
Quote by Four Symbols
Thanks for your reply, but was there anything specific you didn't like about the singing?

He was saying in general you can't sing. You were rarely even singing. You spoke the song instead of singing it for the most part.

I don't know if I agree with him though. The times you did sing, it didn't sound too bad. But you def do need to learn how to sing in general.
Singing is for everybody. Do you have a voice? Then you can sing.

Your voice did go off-key in some parts, and sometimes it sounded more like speaking than singing. Other then that the vocals weren't that bad. They actually fit with the song well. Just keep practicing and pay attention to how your voice fits with the music. You'll be surprised at how quickly you improve.

Guitar work was good. Overall it was a decent cover, nice job.
Thanks Jestah and shortyafter

Quote by eXperiment63
He was saying in general you can't sing. You were rarely even singing. You spoke the song instead of singing it for the most part.

I don't know if I agree with him though. The times you did sing, it didn't sound too bad. But you def do need to learn how to sing in general.
Is there anything specific you heard that I should work on?
The difference between singing and speaking is generally only airflow. You have to get more power behind your voice. When you sing, you should focus your voice behind your front upper teeth, you will get the most projection power from that point.

But yea, it's mainly how much air you are pushing that makes the difference in speaking and singing.
Hey man thanks for the crit on my sinatra cover, i thought with this you definitely created that feel of the song first and foremost. I enjoyed the tone of your voice, just wondering if there's anymore in the tank you can push out to really nail those notes. It seemed like you tried to make it your own a little bit by taking the vocal line elsewhere at times - this i dont think worked for you, it seemed to me like you wanted to change a note here or there, but didnt know which note you wanted to hit instead. on the other hand, when you did stick to thoms vocal line you pretty much nailed those pitches. Would find it interesting if you recovered the song note for note as tedious as that may be to other ears, because i think you could have an incredibly atmospheric cover here. Once again, thanks for the crit, and good luck man.