Would it be ok to play a keyboard/synth through a bass amp.
I am a bass player first, but I am looking into getting a synth for writing music as well as doing some live stuff. Will playing the board through a GK 4X10 with a backline 600 head be a proablem?

Any damage? How would it sound?

Thanks for the help I am sure to get.

-Ryan
It will be fine.

One thing to keep in mind, though. EQ flat. The keys have there EQ's perfected, so don't mess with it.
Quote by Captain Insano
It will be fine.

One thing to keep in mind, though. EQ flat. The keys have there EQ's perfected, so don't mess with it.

OK, correct me if i'm wrong, and it's probably not the case with bass amps, at least those with a graphic equaliser, But i thought a guitar amp had some form of bais, so that when you turn say the bass mid and treble all to 5, It won't give you a flat response.

I think it's to compensate for pickups having a non-flat output...

However, Yes to using bass amp for keyboard, i've seen alot of amps that actually have "keyboard/bass amp" written on them.
If your plugging it in through the headphone socket on the keyboard, you can turn the volume right down on the keyboard to decrease distortion. If the amp has two inputs, you'll probably want the "active" one, and turn the gain dail right down as well, I think. Though you keybaord'll probably have a line out anyway.
Last edited by jimRH7 at May 23, 2008,
No signal can damage a bass amp, really. That's what tweeters with crossovers deal with.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..