Just thinking of buying a rg1570 and i know ibanez are generally associated with the metal/shred genre. But since im lefty it seems the ideal guitar for me if it can do hard rock, to blues to jazz. Bearing in mind im gona wack some bareknuckle pickups in it. Anyway thanks guys
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
are you really going to be playing blues and jazz on the same guitar your going to be shredding on?
its not the best for it, but itll do it if you make it.

its made for metal/shred/hard rock though
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
if you put the right (versatile) pickups in there, it should do it. as impeachpedro says, it'll not do it as well as a guitar which is exclusively aimed at those tones, but it should make a decent go at it, at least.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sidvicious182
why not get a left handed strat with some nice pickups and a humbucker?

Aren't strats also routed for HSH? If so that would give you literally as much versitility as the RG at a cheaper price and without an FR.
Quote by ameer
Aren't strats also routed for HSH? If so that would give you literally as much versitility as the RG at a cheaper price and without an FR.

Depends what strat it is. Mexican Strats should be routed for HSS and Americans for HSH, though there's a few odd ones in each series.

I think the RG would do those genres fine with a pickup change as long as you're not looking for perfect tones. If you want something more suited for those, I'd go with an Ibanez S or SA series guitar if you want an Ibanez. I've seen quite a few jazz guys using these.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The Ibanez will work great for blues to jazz.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

With some dark, mild bucker in the neck, you could get jazz (kinda) with an RG. I think, as far as versatility goes, an RG with carefully selected pups is a good idea.
well im not a huge strat fan. But im looking for led zep tones, sabbath, upto some metal and shreddy stuff.
and what makes the S series supposidly better, surely if the RG has more wood due to its shape it should be better?
Quote by Varkunus
and what makes the S series supposidly better, surely if the RG has more wood due to its shape it should be better?

The S series is mahogany, RG is basswood.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
why isnt basswood good for classic rock>
Screw that get a DEAN!
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by Varkunus
why isnt basswood good for classic rock>

it's probably fine. i mean, the sa still has a bolt-on neck... and you could arguably say that the type of neck joint (and wood the neck is made from) affects the tone as much as the type of wood. EDIT: or at least, it's not just the body wood which affects tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Josola
Screw that get a DEAN!

for £500?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
which deans are availible lefty? And would the rg1570L do those vintage tones with some new pups in and onboard electronics eg coil split and treble/mid booster
Be aware though that low end ibanezes have crappy pickups. My SA120 sure had. Except those with the Dimarzio/ibz ones which the SA arent to my knowledge.
^ yeah, that guy put a breed and two cruisers in, it sounds pretty sweet though
yh well im putting bareknuckle pickups in. Proberly. Anyway the SAs dont have a middle pickup (single coil) which is what i want really.
to horilicks who posted that youtube vid, im very sorry but my sound doesnt work for youtube for no apparent reason. I had sound card driver problems few months back and its never come back. Could you record the sound using freecorder or something, and then send it to me so i can hear please? I know its alot to ask, ask me for my msn if you will do it

cheers

and ive been playing 4 years so really want a prestige guitar. Anyway guys would the RG do classic rock/blues with right pups. I mean playability wise it seems everything ill ever want, its just if it can get those tones
Quote by Varkunus
and ive been playing 4 years so really want a prestige guitar. Anyway guys would the RG do classic rock/blues with right pups. I mean playability wise it seems everything ill ever want, its just if it can get those tones

it should do as long as you put the right pickups, and as long as those tones aren't the only tones you need out of the guitar; as long as you're willing to compromise a little on those tones, in other words.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well aslong as they're usable
yeah, it should be fine, with the right pickups.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i thought the specs on the ibanez were better? Like with the tremelo
but i heard the edge pros are better than floyds. Also isnt the ibanez more versatile. And i cant hear it remember if you could send us it again as a sound sample that would immense. Cheers
dunno about better than a floyd. a lot of that is personal preference. i'd say it's of similar quality to a floyd, though.

it's really up to you to be honest. your best bet is to see if you can try the ibanezes and that jackson to see which you like most, as things like neck profiles etc. are very personal...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah well im lefty, so its hard plus i live on the isle of wight an no where stocks ibanez so i would have to pay £80 to go on the ferry to a guitar shop. So im doing as much research now as i can
oh yeah, dang. i saw your post on the BKP forum, i posted there...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?