Right now I'm playing a Dean Strat that's basically a piece of **** with a 75 Watt Spider II Line 6 amp.

I'm thinking of getting something like a strat. I like to play clean but i also like to play heavy **** that has some balls to it. But I think I would like a thin neck for shredding. Also I'd like to get a better amp that will match my guitar.

As far as amps i was thinking a half stack but i don't know if a combo would serve me better. It's going to be in my recording studio but what about gigs??

Are there any websites with info about matching pick ups and amps?

I heard EMG pick ups were good and i was looking on their websites and they have ones designed for strats.

What do you guys think
get a MIM fender strat and put in blue/silver/red lace sensor pickups. as for amp id go with a medium wattage tube amp, something like the peavey classic 30 maybe.
I would go with an Ibanez S320, then change the pickups to Dimarzios or Seymour Duncans. A new amp, I'd suggest a Peavey Valveking 112, or Classic 30 112. For gigging, you may need a Classic 50 212, but you probably won't.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah i'd say get an ibanez or an esp/tld, maybe even a schecter for your next guitar... sounds like it would be a better fit than a fender if u like the heavy stuff.
I would get an Ibanez S series or SZ, depending on if you want a trem or not. As for an amp, a VK112 would be good with an OD pedal for heavy stuff, altho it can get some good gain on its own.