Page 1 of 3
Anyone else take the SAT's yet?

I didn't do too great but it's enough to get me in college so...

Anywho how'd you do? Just curious as to what type of score the average UGer might get.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by _InsanitY_
as in year 9 SATs?

Grade 11, the U.S. one I believe....

Unfortunately i'm not every familiar with the UK test.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Well, I took them in September and got a 2140.. 750 on Math, 720 on Verbal, and 670 on writing. I'm taking them again this fall, i think I can improve.. I took the PSATs shortly after my SATs and scored a 229 so that gives me a good goal to reach for =]
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i havent taken my yet, but on the little pre-test in 9th grade, it said if i progress the way i was i would make a 26-32

EDIT: sorry, i was thinking ACT's
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
^ Good luck. I'm taking the ACT in a few weeks.
Quote by vintage x metal
Well, I took them in September and got a 2140.. 750 on Math, 720 on Verbal, and 670 on writing. I'm taking them again this fall, i think I can improve.. I took the PSATs shortly after my SATs and scored a 229 so that gives me a good goal to reach for =]

Wow great job.

I have no hope competing with that.

Quote by dartmaster
SAT's get you in to college now ????
I thought they were dropped

Wish they were dropped, it's not really the end all be all of scores. Other factors are important but you want to get within a certain range of scores to be applicable to better schools. At least that's the way it is round' here.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at May 23, 2008,
Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ Good luck. I'm taking the ACT in a few weeks.

Wow great job.

I have no hope competing with that.

Sure you do! You're intelligent enough, it just takes some preparation and knowing how to take the test. The easiest way to score well is not necessarily to know all the material but just to be able to take tests well and have the right strategies. I managed raising my score by 300-400 points from when I first started by just appraoching the test differently.. I didnt get any smarter in that time, but I was more familiar with how it was written and what kind of answers they were looking for.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal

damn dude, i don't think you have to improve... you could probably get into any college with those scores...

myself, i got a 2010, with a 640 on the math, a 660 on the reading, and a 710 on the writing. but, on the plus side, i didn't study at all for it, and i still scored higher than our valedictorian
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
I was the first class to have to do the essay.

From my experience, the essay is all about length. The first thing the grader will probably do is flip through to see how long it is.

Anyway- I only took it once, got a 2050. 760 on math, 670 on one of the english ones and 620 on the other. (I think, something like that) I probably would've taken it again and done better had I had the time and didn't have to take the SAT IIs (710 on Math II and 700 on Physics)
Quote by Jimmyiscool
700 reading
730 math
780 writing

WOW! That's phenomenal!

Quote by darkfire_storm
damn dude, i don't think you have to improve... you could probably get into any college with those scores...

myself, i got a 2010, with a 640 on the math, a 660 on the reading, and a 710 on the writing. but, on the plus side, i didn't study at all for it, and i still scored higher than our valedictorian

Aw thanks =] But if I can do better, then why not, you know? Your scores are very impressive for not having studied
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Grade 11, the U.S. one I believe....

Unfortunately i'm not every familiar with the UK test.

oh... i did my sats in english yr 9
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
I got a 2040, but I did better when I took 'em in May, when I got a 2130. I want to apply to very competitive colleges, so I think maybe another go at them would be beneficial.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
Quote by dartmaster
SAT's get you in to college now ????
I thought they were dropped

They're what got me into my top school. Barely.
I got a 1290//1910 on mine in grade 11. The only time I ever took the test, and those scores were good enough for me.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i haven't taken mine yet; my two friends who are seniors got an 18 and a 19; which is average, but kind of crappy. however, the college we're all going to seriously does not care what your score is at all, so it doesn't matter.

EDIT: idk if that's SAT or ACT.
Quote by vintage x metal
WOW! That's phenomenal!

thanks

its just a little dissappointing to me
the kids who sits next to me in World Religions got a 2360...

btw about essay length. Its limited to two pages. Just fill that up and have a good thesis
Quote by Jimmyiscool
thanks

its just a little dissappointing to me
the kids who sits next to me in World Religions got a 2360...

btw about essay length. Its limited to two pages. Just fill that up and have a good thesis

Did you do anything special to prepare for it or are you just naturally a talented test-taker?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last year (I was 13) I took the official ACT for some special program and got like a 23
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Quote by vintage x metal
Did you do anything special to prepare for it or are you just naturally a talented test-taker?

I got the Princeton Review book, but I only looked at it the night before. I'm fairly good test taker, at I think so. I also plan to be a writer someday, hence the writing score.

My best advice: don't sweat it. I barely slept the night before, hardly studied, and just relaxed.
Quote by frottage
i haven't taken mine yet; my two friends who are seniors got an 18 and a 19; which is average, but kind of crappy. however, the college we're all going to seriously does not care what your score is at all, so it doesn't matter.

EDIT: idk if that's SAT or ACT.

I believe it's the latter.
Here's a conversion scale: http://www.loveland.k12.oh.us/lhs/guidance/DaveHarris/ACTSATConversionScale.html
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I went with the simple and straight forward technique for the essay.
It got to be a page and a half or so and I just made sure to answer the question. Got an 8/12 on that. Not great but I did better than a couple other kids who are great writers.

I don't remember it being limited to two pages when I took it. I hate being the guinea pig for things like that.
I got 1740.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by gibsonpenguin
I don't remember it being limited to two pages when I took it. I hate being the guinea pig for things like that.

in my book it was the first two pages, lined. It said anything written outside of that was not counted.
Quote by Jimmyiscool
I dont think its fair to use a converter. The tests are just so different. On the ACT I only got a 31.

Nah, I don't think so either, but I posted it just to give anyone unfamiliar with either of the two a general idea..
Haven't taken the ACT yet, am planning to sometime in fall as well.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I heard the ACT was a tad bit easier ot score higher on cause it had a science section. Hopefully the AP chem and honers classes are gonna help. My math skills suck though.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
I heard the ACT was a tad bit easier ot score higher on cause it had a science section. Hopefully the AP chem and honers classes are gonna help. My math skills suck though.

I bombed science. I hate that section. I go to a private school that has a great emphasis on natural sciences like bio and chem, and alot of the science refers to physics. I know all the answers are on the page and the section is more about reading graphs, but having a background knowledge is nice.

The ACT is more of a knowledge test than the SAT
im from the us. do we need to take them in grade 11? is it ok if i take them as a senior?
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by Ghost_bass
im from the us. do we need to take them in grade 11? is it ok if i take them as a senior?

I think it varies depending on the place.
Here we have to take one as a junior and a second one as a senior. The higher of the two scores is used.

Quote by Ghost_bass

You need to take them before you apply for college, so at least by the fall of senior year
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by O-52-A-50-R
I took the SAT's this year as a special program thing (I'm 13) and I got a 1680 . I knew I wasn't going to score high (especially since I didn't study and didn't understand half of the math) but I really wanted at least 1800.

Trust me you did better than me the first time.

I got a 1430 when I first tried to take it, which means by the time you take one before college you should do well. Of course that depends alot on what you learn the next few years. Just be sure to build up your basic math and logic skills as much as possible.

I got 1780, was hoping for 1800 but it's enough for most of the colleges on my list. The Writing section really brought it down.

Critical Reading - 520
Math - 390
Writing - 570
Multiple Choice - 56
Essay - 08

Looks like I got a 1480. So ****ty.
High as tits
i just got my score back and got

610 math
610 reading
570 writing
=1790

i wanted to do better... hopefully mad studying and preparations i'll break 2000

how important are SATs/ACTs compared to GPA? cause my GPA is a little sub-par...
720 - verbal
670 - math
680 - writing
= 2070

And to the people who studied...how do you study for the SAT? I thought it was just "ff you know it you do, if you don't you don't"
Page 1 of 3