Poll: Small neck or big neck?
Poll Options
View poll results: Small neck or big neck?
Small neck
18 45%
Big neck
22 55%
Voters: 40.
I like to play with big strings and big necks. And don't get all Freudian on me.
Les Paul necks FTW.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Big fat Les Paul-style necks are my faves. They actually let me play faster than thin necks and make bending a hell of a lot easier.

I hate thin necks in general, especially paper thin Ibanez Wizard necks.
when you say small and big do you mean thin and thick? If so I like it about 3/4 of the way to a Wizard 2 neck from a LP. I don't like thick chunky necks but I don't like them paper thin either. ESP and Schecter necks are my favorite.
It's all a matter of personal preference. I prefer fatter necks with a narrow fret board but that is just what is comfortable for me and the size and shape of my hands.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Big thick old Gibson and Epiphone necks. A Fender neck is as slim as I can go before it starts to hurt my hands, even then I find Fenders get uncomofrtable after an hour or so. I basically can't play my Ibanez anymore because the thin neck kills my hands before I even get halfway through one song.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'm actually surprised at the poll results.

I had thought that everyone here believed that thinner=faster (which is of course not true unless it is a better fit for your hand).
Quote by Arbitror
I'm actually surprised at the poll results.

I had thought that everyone here believed that thinner=faster (which is of course not true unless it is a better fit for your hand).
Well a lot of the people on here are still in their early teens, so they'll have smaller hands which slim necks will be better for. The poll's still in it's early days, I'm sure the thin option will win out in the end.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Well a lot of the people on here are still in their early teens, so they'll have smaller hands which slim necks will be better for. The poll's still in it's early days, I'm sure the thin option will win out in the end.

Makes you wonder who the oldest person on here is.
Quote by SupremeACL
Les Paul necks FTW.

Yup, the '60s profile necks are just right for me
Quote by MrFlibble

I am 37 and still have little girlie fingers and when ever I play a thin neck(Ibanez/Jackson) my thumb joint ends up aching like a mutha. But give me a Lespaul and I am off to the races.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
I don't like the really super thin necks like the Wizard II, but at the same time I don't like the huge necks like the Schecter I have or the Hellraiser. I like something a bit bigger than the Wizard II, a good example would be the EC-1000 and the Alexi 600, both really awesome necks IMO.
I like small necks that I can wrap my hand around and have my thumb able to touch the 6th string with atleast one of my fingers touching the G-string. I tried out two Ibanez RG's (don't know the exact model) and I didn't like the neck. It was too wide for my liking.
personally, i like thin necks with a wide fretboard. it makes it easier to move around imho.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I have really long, slender fingers, so I like the Fender "D" necks, and the old Gibson baseball bats.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I have smallish hands but thin necks make my hand feel like it's floating and the only thing I'm holding onto is the sides. I like much thicker necks because it lets my hand be more relaxed and makes everything easier.
Thin for the win. I like ESP necks best.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
A median. Biog necks are uncomfortable to play, but Wizard-thin necks cause cramps.