I have a question about wiring a strat. My current wiring looks like this:
The only difference is that the mid control is actually hooked up to the bridge pup

I want to know if if I switch the middle and bridge pups hot wires (and move the tone pots wire accordingly) if my strat would work like this:

position 1: Middle pup

2: bridge and middle

3: bridge

4: bridge and neck

5: Neck

Am I thinking about this correctly? I really want to try the bridge + neck combo and this seems like the simplest way. I can live without the neck + middle combo.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah, that will work. The only problem is that your bridge and neck won't hum cancel. but the tone will be nice.

if you want to keep the hum cancelling, move the middle pickup to the neck and vice versa. and just keep all the same wiring. but you will probably have to add onto the wires for the middle when you move it to the neck.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The jimmie vaughan comes with a hot bridge so moving the pups around won't really work since then my middle would be way to hot, thanks for the suggestion though, and the help with the wiring.
Oh lord. That is heavenly. Why didn't I think of this sooner. I always wanted to try this sound but all the ways I saw involved adding stuff I didn't want to add. This works to perfection.